Esofence 40mg Tablet
Esofence 40 MG Description
Esofence Tablet is used to treat acid reflux disease, stomach and intestinal ulcers and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of intestinal ulcers. It is also used in treating a
condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome characterised by excessive stomach acid production due to tumours in the pancreas. Esofence Tablet contains esomeprazole as the active ingredient. It acts by lowering the acid production in the stomach. Esofence Tablet should be taken in doses and duration as advised by the doctor or pharmacist. It should be preferably taken on an empty stomach one hour before a meal. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
- Esmetru 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 63.2056% CHEAPER₹ 6.32/Tablet
- Esomefol 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.7556% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Esomefa 40mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.20₹ 88.5439% CHEAPER₹ 8.85/Tablet
- Esogress 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.00₹ 84.1542% CHEAPER₹ 8.42/Tablet
- Esomac 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 166.99₹ 141.9434% CHEAPER₹ 9.46/Tablet
- Esoz 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Integrace Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.00₹ 156.4028% CHEAPER₹ 10.43/Tablet
- Esofine 40mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 79.0045% CHEAPER₹ 7.9/Tablet
- Esolyst 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 98.0032% CHEAPER₹ 9.8/Tablet
- Esobrint Tablet 10 No'sBy Brinton Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.60₹ 54.9162% CHEAPER₹ 5.49/Tablet
- Esiloc 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.00₹ 69.7067% CHEAPER₹ 4.65/Tablet
Uses of Esofence 40 MG
- For the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- Provides relief from heartburn, pain and chest pain due to acid reflux disease (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- To treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
- It helps to eradicate infection of the bacteria H. Pylori, which if left untreated, can cause ulcers.
Contraindications of Esofence 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Esomeprazole or any other ingredients of Esofence Tablet.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine - Nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esofence 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Esofence 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are undergoing long term treatment of this medicine.
- You are using anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir or Nelfinavir.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esofence Tablets.
- You have unexplained weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and blood vomitings.
- You are an elderly patient on a long term therapy. It increases the risk of fracture of hip, wrist and spine bones.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. The use of this medicine can result in very low levels of Vitamin B12 in prolonged therapy.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and are using an antibiotic called Clarithromycin.
- You have a skin disorder, Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus, characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency. It can result in very low levels of magnesium characterised by weakness, fits and irregular heartbeat.
Mode of Action of Esofence 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esofence 40 MG
- Esofence Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of Esofence 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Esofence Tablet works or Esofence Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure with Esofence Tablet increases the effect of Digoxin and may result in toxicity.
- The use of anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir with this medicine can decrease the effect of anti-HIV medicines.
- Esofence mg can increase the effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to control fits, Voriconazole (antifungal) and Diazepam, a medicine used for a psychiatric disorder.
- The blood-thinning action of Warfarin is increased when used together with Esofence mg and there is a risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines such as Cisapride (used for constipation), Clopidogrel & Cliostazal (Blood thinner), Tacrolimus and Methotrexate (Immunosuppressants) should be used cautiously with Esofence Tablets.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Esofence 40 MG
- Esofence Tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.