Eptoin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Eptoin 100 MG Description
Eptoin Injection is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). Epilepsy i
s a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy, and loss of consciousness. It is used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. It contains phenytoin as an active ingredient. The medicine works by reducing the abnormal electrical activity of the brain. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should discuss with the doctor your complete medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹2.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, seizure, neurosurgery|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, allergy|
Uses of Eptoin 100 MG
- For the treatment of epilepsy (abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
Contraindications of Eptoin 100 MG
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the injection.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor).
Side effects of Eptoin 100 MG
- Local irritation
- Abnormal behaviour
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Eptoin 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney related disorder.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as the medicine affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking the medicine, immediately report to the doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking the medicine.
- You may develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals, and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of Eptoin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eptoin 100 MG
- The injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Never miss a dose of the medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
- Continuous monitoring of the electrocardiogram and blood pressure is essential after taking the injection.
- The patient should also be observed for signs of respiratory depression.
Interactions of Eptoin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Eptoin works or Eptoin itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Eptoin 100 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Eptoin 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)