Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets Description
Epilan tablet is a combination medicine used to treat and prevent epilepsy (seizures). The active ingredients in Epilan tablets are two antiepileptic agents: phenobarbitone and phenytoin. The mode of
action of Epilan tablets is by reducing aberrant and excessive nerve cell activity in the brain. Directions for use of Epilan tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should be taken at the same time every day so a stable level of the medicine is maintained in the body. It can be taken with or without food. Long-term use of Epilan tablets may be habit-forming, so it is important to stick to the dose and duration recommended by the doctor. Epilan tablets allow people with epilepsy to participate in activities they never have a chance to do otherwise.; e.g., swimming and driving. Epilan tablets are started on a low dose and gradually scaled up. This is why it can take a few weeks for the medicine to take full effect. During this time, the user may suffer seizures. Sudden stoppage of Epilan tablets is highly discouraged, even if the user feels well at the time. Missed doses may result in a seizure. Nausea, vomiting, vertigo, and double vision are all frequent side effects of Epilan tablets. This medicine can also make one feel dizzy and sleepy. In case of severe skin rashes, especially if a fever accompanies them, the treating doctor should be alerted immediately. Regular blood tests to check the level of the medicine in the blood may be required. Epilan tablets interact with certain medications, so it is vital to inform the doctor of the affected person's complete medical history and current medications. They should also be notified of pregnancies and nursing status. Epilan tablets can interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills. People with diabetes should use caution as this medicine can cause a rise in blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹97.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenytoin(100.0 Mg) + Phenobarbital(30.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Vertigo, Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement), Double vision, Sleepiness|
Uses of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
- The Epilan tablet is used to treat epilepsy. It can also help with symptoms of uncontrollable jerking motions, loss of awareness, and panic or worry.
Contraindications of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
- Do not take Epilan tablets, or use caution:
- If you have hypersensitivity to Phenobarbitone or Phenytoin or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have porphyria
Side effects of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
- Common side effects of Epilan tablets are:
- Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
- Double vision
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Gingival hypertrophy
- Softening of bones
- Abnormal hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience withdrawal symptoms. Do not abruptly stop taking this prescription without first consulting your doctor. In people with a history of epilepsy, it has the potential to cause status epilepticus....
- If you have suicidal behaviour. This medicine should be used with caution in people with a history of depression. It has the potential to raise the risk of suicidal ideation. Inform the user's caregivers of these signs and symptoms. ...
- You have skin reactions like toxicity to the skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson syndrome). This is a risk with this medication. If any symptoms of skin reactions emerge, seek medical help right once....
- You have impaired liver function. This medicine should be used with caution in people with liver disease. Liver function test results must be closely monitored. If the symptoms persist, stop taking the medication....
Mode of Action of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
- Take Epilan tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Epilan tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take this medicine with or without food.
- Take Epilan tablets at the same time every day so a stable level of the medication is maintained in the body.
Interactions of Epilan C Pheno Bottle Of 150 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use Epilan tablets, or use caution:
- Epilan tablets may reduce the efficacy of beta-blockers (chloramphenicol, cimetidine, clozapine, corticosteroids, cyclosporine, disopyramide, doxycycline, ethosuximide, furosemide, griseofulvin, haloperidol, lamotrigine, methadone, nifedipine, oral contraceptives, phenothiazine, phenytoin, propafenone, psychotropics, quinidine, tacrolimus, Tricyclic antidepressants, theophylline, warfarin, and verapamil)...
- Epilan tablets increase the metabolism of beta-blockers, lowering their serum concentrations. Consider a beta-blocker that has been renally removed (atenolol and nadolol).
- Epilan tablets may promote the development of toxic metabolites, which raise the hepatotoxic potential of acetaminophen.
- Epilan tablets increase the metabolism of corticosteroids, cyclosporine, disopyramide, griseofulvin, nifedipine, oral contraceptives, phenytoin, propafenone, quinidine, and verapamil. Dose adjustments may be useful....
- Felbamate may cause toxicity by increasing Epilan tablets concentrations.
- Epilan tablets may decrease the diuretic effect of furosemide.
- When the Epilan tablet is taken with meperidine, the risk of central nervous system (CNS) depression increases.
- When Epilan tablet is taken with primidone, the serum concentrations of Epilan tablets rise.
- Epilan tablet metabolism is inhibited by valproic acid, resulting in higher serum phenobarbital levels, leading to increased chances of side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Protein-deficient diets: The duration of action of Epilan tablets is lengthened. Protein should not be restricted or eliminated from the diet unless a physician has addressed it. Maintain a steady protein intake while using Epilan tablets....
- Vitamin C-rich fruits: These fruits displace the medication from binding sites, resulting in enhanced barbiturate excretion through the urine. Patients should be informed about the possibility of Epilan tablet's anticonvulsant effect being reduced if they consume meals high in vitamin C....
- Vitamin D deficiency: In case of deficiency due to malabsorption, switch to a vitamin D-rich dietary intake. Vitamin D supplementation may be required.