Embeta Xr 50mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Embeta Xr 50 MG Description
Embeta XR 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Embeta XR 50 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Embeta XR 50 tablet.
|You Save||₹26.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol Tartarate(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
Uses of Embeta Xr 50 MG
Contraindications of Embeta Xr 50 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Embeta XR 50 tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Embeta Xr 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta Xr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Embeta XR 50 tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Embeta XR 50 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of Embeta Xr 50 MG
Storage and disposal of Embeta Xr 50 MG
- Store Embeta XR 50 tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Embeta Xr 50 MG
- Embeta XR 50 tablet is a medication used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- For better blood pressure control, take it at the same time every day.
- Before starting Embeta XR 50 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Before initiating the treatment, inform your doctor about your complete medical history.
- Even if you feel better, do not stop taking Embeta XR 50 tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this tablet, as it can increase the risk of liver damage.
- Embeta XR 50 tablet may cause side effects such as dizziness, weakness, or tenderness, so let your doctor know if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is recommended that, in addition to taking this tablet on time, you make certain lifestyle changes. Among these changes are eating a low-fat, low-salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 minutes every day, not smoking, and limiting alcohol consumption....
Dosage of Embeta Xr 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Embeta Xr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Embeta Xr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Embeta XR 50 tablet works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Embeta XR 50 tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Can I stop taking Embeta XR 50 tablet if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Is Embeta XR 50 tablet blood thinner?
Q: What is the use of Embeta XR 50 tablet?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]