Duloxee 20mg Tablet
Duloxee 20 MG Description
Duloxee 20mg Tablet is used to treat depression (symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances) and anxiety disorder (excessive thoughts that are difficult to control) in adults. It i
s also used to treat diabetic neuropathy (tingling sensations in the foot or hand due to nerve damage in diabetic patients) and fibromyalgia (pain and stiffness in the muscles). The active ingredient of Duloxee 20mg Tablet is duloxetine. Mode of action of Duxolee 20mg tablets is by increasing natural brain chemicals to help maintain mental balance and relieve nerve pain. Take Duloxee 20mg Tablets as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Duloxee 20mg Tablets vary depending on the affected person’s condition and age. Side effects of Duloxee 20mg Tablets include nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dry mouth, and headache. It is advisable to consult a doctor before starting treatment with this medicine and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. The functioning of Duloxee 20mg Tablets may change or negatively get affected when taken with alcohol, St John’s Wort, and certain nutritional supplements containing tryptophan and therefore must be avoided. Duloxee 20mg Tablets may interact and produce life-threatening side effects with certain medications used in anxiety, depression, allergy, pain, migraine, and high blood pressure.
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Diabetic Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Stress Urinary Incontinence|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache, Decreased Appetite, Stomach Pain|
Uses of Duloxee 20 MG
- Duloxee 20mg Tablets are used to treat:
- Depression (symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances)
- Anxiety disorder (a condition with excessive thoughts that are difficult to control)
- Diabetic neuropathy (tingling sensations in foot or hand due to nerve damage in diabetic patients)
- Fibromyalgia (pain and stiffness in the muscles resulting in disturbance of sleep and tiredness)
- Stress urinary incontinence (urine leakage in women while coughing, laughing, sneezing, and exercising)
Contraindications of Duloxee 20 MG
- Do not take Duloxee 20mg Tablets or take with caution:
- If you have a known allergy to duloxetine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
- If taking medications that are classified as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs, a class of medicine used in the treatment of depression)
- If you are taking medications to treat depression like fluvoxamine
- If you are taking medications for an infection like ciprofloxacin
Side effects of Duloxee 20 MG
- Most side effects are minor and will disappear after a while. However, if the symptoms still exist, or become worse, consult your doctor immediately.
- Common side effects of Duloxee 20mg Tablets:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Constipation or Diarrhoea
- Heartburn and stomach pain
- Excessive sweating and dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Duloxee 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, kidney, or heart problems.
- You have epilepsy or any history of fits or seizures.
- You have eye problems such as glaucoma.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of bleeding disorders or taking any medicine that may make your blood thin.
- You are on a low sodium diet or taking medicine for hypertension.
Mode of Action of Duloxee 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duloxee 20 MG
- Duloxee 20mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Duloxee 20mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow the Duloxee 20mg Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Duloxee 20mg Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Do not alter the dose or frequency of taking Duloxee 20mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Duloxee 20mg Tablet on your own; continue taking it for as long as your doctor
Interactions of Duloxee 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking Duloxee 20mg Tablet if you are taking:
- Medicines to treat severe pain (tramadol)
- Medicines to decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin)
- Medicines for migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan)
- Medicines for high blood pressure treatment (diltiazem)
- Antibiotics (ciprofloxacin)
- Any other medicines for the treatment of depression (buprenorphine)
- Painkillers (Ibuprofen)
- Medicines for stomach problems (omeprazole, pantoprazole)
- St John’s Wort (herbal medicine for depression)
Interactions with food items
- Duloxee 20mg Tablet may interact adversely with tryptophan-containing dietary supplements, such as milk, cheese, oats, nuts, chicken, and canned tuna fish.
Storage and disposal of Duloxee 20 MG
Dosage of Duloxee 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)