Dmr 20mg Tablet
By WEST-COAST PHARMACEUTICAL WORKS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dmr 20 MG Description
DMR 20 mg tablet is used to treat dry cough. It contains dextromethorphan as its active medicine. It works as a cough suppressant for patients suffering from dry cough. DMR 20 mg tablet should be tak
en as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Dextromethorphan(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Dmr 20 MG
DMR 20 mg tablet is used for the treatment of dry cough.
Contraindications of Dmr 20 MG
- If you are allergic to dextromethorphan or any other ingredients of DMR 20 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you are taking medicines to treat psychiatric illnesses that fall in the category of MAO inhibitors (eg. phenelzine, selegiline, procarbazine) or SSRIs (eg. escitalopram, paroxetine, sertraline, etc.)....
- If you are at risk of respiratory failure.
- It should not be used in children less than 6 years old.
Side effects of Dmr 20 MG
- Mental confusion
Precautions and Warnings of Dmr 20 MG
Can I take DMR 20 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using DMR 20 mg tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
Can I take DMR 20 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using DMR 20 mg tablet while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available.
Can I drive if I have consumed DMR 20 mg tablet?
DMR 20 mg tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with DMR 20 mg tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol with DMR 20 mg tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, breathing difficulty or cough with secretions.
- You are taking any other medicine for cough or cold.
- You are taking medicines to treat your psychiatric illnesses.
- You are giving this medicine to a child with severe allergies.
- You are taking this medicine for a long duration.
Mode of Action of Dmr 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Dextromethorphan acts on the cough centre of the brain and suppresses cough. It offers good relief in dry cough and should not be consumed if you have a cough with secretions.
Directions for Use of Dmr 20 MG
- DMR 20 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dmr 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way DMR 20 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, allergies, brain-related issues, etc.
- DMR 20 mg tablet should not be used concomitantly or even within 14 days of last administration of medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses such as phenelzine, selegiline, procarbazine, escitalopram, paroxetine, sertraline, etc....
- Concomitant use along with quinidine, a medicine used for the treatment of irregular heart rhythm should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Dmr 20 MG
- Store DMR 20 mg tablets in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dmr 20 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, dizziness, unconsciousness, nausea, difficulty in breathing. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of DMR 20 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of DMR 20 mg tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does DMR 20 mg tablet cause drowsiness?
A: DMR 20 mg tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness as side effects.
Q: Is DMR 20 mg tablet an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, DMR 20 mg tablet is not an antibiotic. It is a decongestant.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 November 2021]
- Boots Dry Cough Relief 2.5 mg Lozenges - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 November 2021]
- Dextromethorphan - MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 November 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed