Diltigesic Organogel 30gm
By TROIKAA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30g Rectal Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diltigesic Organogel is used to treat anal fissure (skin tear developed in the lining of the anus). It promotes healing and reduces the symptoms. It contains diltiazem which works by relaxing the muscle around the anus and eventually healing the skin. Diltigesic Organogel is meant for external (rectal) use only and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor....
|You Save||₹30.89 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anal fissure (tear in the lining of the anus/rectum)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, application site reactions|
|Classification||DRUG FOR ANAL FISSURE|
Check more medicines with composition as Diltiazem(2.0 %)
Uses of Diltigesic 2 %
Diltigesic Organogel is used for the treatment of anal fissure.
Contraindications of Diltigesic 2 %
If you are allergic to diltiazem or any of the ingredients of the Diltigesic Organogel.
Side effects of Diltigesic 2 %
- Application site reactions such as itching, soreness
- Rectal bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Diltigesic 2 %
Can I apply the Diltigesic organogel during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using the Diltigesic organogel during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available.
Can I apply the Diltigesic organogel while breastfeeding?
Please consult your doctor before using the Diltigesic organogel while breastfeeding as there is limited safety information available.
Can I drive if I have applied the Diltigesic organogel?
As Diltigesic organogel is meant to be used externally, it may not have any effect on the ability to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Diltigesic organogel?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Diltigesic organogel
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to diltiazem.
- You see no improvement or develop an allergic reaction after using the Diltigesic organogel.
- You are taking medicines to lower your blood pressure.
- You are suffering from heart problems.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You are taking diltiazem for treating other diseases.
- Do not use Diltigesic organogel for a prolonged duration or any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Diltigesic 2 %
How Does It Work?
Diltiazem in Diltigesic Organogel works by relaxing the muscle around the anus. This lowers the pressure and increases the blood flow at that particular area, eventually healing the skin.
Directions for Use of Diltigesic 2 %
- Diltigesic Organogel is meant for rectal use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- To maintain hygiene clean your anus area before applying the gel.
- Use a glove or finger cot to apply the gel inside and around the anus.
- Take a sufficient quantity of this medicine and gently apply it over the affected area.
- Do not use it for a longer duration than that prescribed.
Interactions of Diltigesic 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since the Diltigesic Organogel is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Diltigesic 2 %
- Store the Diltigesic organogel in the refrigerator (2-5 C), protect it from light and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not share your medication with other people.
- Do not use it after 1 month of opening the tube.
Dosage of Diltigesic 2 %
As the Diltigesic organogel is meant for external application cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe them out the excess with a tissue or cotton...
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying the Diltigesic organogel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Diltigesic organogel cause dizziness?
A: Yes, the Diltigesic organogel may cause dizziness in some individuals.
Q: How do Diltigesic Organogel works?
A: Diltigesic organogel works by relaxing the muscle around the anus, this lowers down the pressure and increases the blood flow at that area. Thus, healing of the skin takes place.
Q: What is the use of the Diltigesic Organogel?
A: Diltigesic Organogel is used to treat skin tears in the lower half of the anal canal (back passage).
Q: For how long should I use the Diltigesic Organogel?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for the Diltigesic Organogel. Do not stop applying this medicine on your own. If there is no improvement in your condition during the time, consult with your doctor.
- Diltiazem hydrochloride 2% gel [Internet]. Guysandstthomas.nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- Drug-Drug Interaction Study Between Colchicine and Diltiazem ER - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Diltiazem [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- The role of topical diltiazem in the treatment of chronic anal fissures that have failed glyceryl trinitrate therapy [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
- Diltiazem [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 August 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.