Dezocort Suspension 30ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dezocort Pd 6 MG Description
Dezocort Suspension contains a steroid known as Deflazacort.
|You Save||₹8.25 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Deflazacort(6.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dezocort Suspension 30ml
- Mahacort Dz Suspension 30mlBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd30ml Suspension in BottleMRP 74.99₹ 74.99₹ 2.5/Millilitre
- Defcort Oral Suspension 30mlBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals30ml Suspension in BottleMRP 76.80₹ 67.58₹ 2.25/Millilitre
- Cortimax Bottle Of 30ml SuspensionBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd30ml Suspension in BottleMRP 84.35₹ 70.85₹ 2.36/Millilitre
Uses of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
- Asthma, arthritis and allergies
- Treat problems related to your skin, heart, kidney, digestive system, blood or eyes
- Treatment of tumours
- Post-transplant to suppress the immune system
Contraindications of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with live vaccine
- If you have an infection
Side effects of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
- Swelling of hands, feet, ankles, face
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
Can I take Dezocort Suspension during pregnancy?
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will give you this medicine only if necessary.
Can I take Dezocort Suspension while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as Corticosteroids pass in breast milk and may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dezocort Suspension?
This medicine can cause dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo). If you experience any of these side effects, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dezocort Suspension?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of depression or mania or family history of mental illness
- You have fits
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers
- You have kidney, liver or heart disease
- You have tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma)
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis)
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes)
- You ever had a tuberculosis
- You have irregular menses
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected
- You are going to take any vaccine
Mode of Action of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroid like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation.
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Directions for Use of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Read the instructions on the label carefully before usage
Interactions of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage
- Oral contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Deflazacort may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
- Store below 25°C
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Dezocort Pd 6 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is this medicine safe to use?
A: Before you start taking this medication, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking Dezocort Suspension on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhea.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed