Dezacor 6mg Tablet
Dezacor 6 MG Description
Dezacor Tablet contains Deflazacort as its active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid. Dezacor Tablet is used to treat various disease conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eyes, blood, skin, asthm
a and post-transplant surgeries. This medicine acts by reducing inflammation (swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Dezacor Tablet at the same time every day as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may cause symptoms such as loss of appetite, an upset stomach, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, headache, joint and muscle pain and weight loss. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely. You may experience side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, mood changes while on this medicine. If these side effects bother you or stay persistent, reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
|You Save||₹20.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergic condition, inflammation|
|Side effects||Weight gain, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, increased appetite|
- Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 171.00₹ 145.35₹ 14.54/Tablet
- Defshield 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 92.0020.89% CHEAPER₹ 9.2/Tablet
- Kivicort 6mg TabletBy Kivi Labs Limited6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.80₹ 47.4331.99% CHEAPER₹ 7.91/Tablet
- Eticort 6mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.00₹ 69.700.09% CHEAPER₹ 11.62/Tablet
- Defnalone 6mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.45₹ 120.23₹ 12.02/Tablet
- Coecortt 6mg TabletBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.30₹ 11.73/Tablet
- Dc 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zvn Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.00₹ 84.1527.6% CHEAPER₹ 8.42/Tablet
- Defzaria 6mg Tablet 10'sBy Zaria Pharmaceuticals Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 109.006.28% CHEAPER₹ 10.9/Tablet
- Orthocort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.40₹ 115.940.34% CHEAPER₹ 11.59/Tablet
- Mahacort Dz 6mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.60₹ 81.2630.09% CHEAPER₹ 8.13/Tablet
Uses of Dezacor 6 MG
Contraindications of Dezacor 6 MG
- If you are allergic to Deflazacort or any other ingredients of Dezacor Tablet.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an infection.
Side effects of Dezacor 6 MG
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on the face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Dezacor 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have fits.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- You have kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You ever had tuberculosis.
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Dezacor 6 MG
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroids like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation.
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Directions for Use of Dezacor 6 MG
Interactions of Dezacor 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage.
- Oral contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole.
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride.
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin.
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two doses.
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Dezacor 6 MG
- Store Dezacor Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Dezacor 6 MG
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Dezacor Tablet safe to use?
Q: Can I stop taking Dezacor 6mg Tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking Dezacor Tablet on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.