Depran L Tablet
Depran L Tablet Description
Depran L Tablet is used for the treatment of depression & anxiety disorders. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel. They are characterised by excessive, unrealistic worry and fear that
can interfere with daily activities, and it is often accompanied by major depressive disorder. Depran L Tablet helps the relaxing mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It can also cause a sedation effect which relieves anxiety and improve sleep. Depran L Tablet contains Clonazepam and escitalopram as their active ingredient. Depran L Tablet should be taken in dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition or may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹20.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Citalopram(5.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Anxiety Disorder and Depression.|
|Side effects||Nausea, Increased sweating, Fatigue, Confusion, Drowsiness, Insomnia, Sexual dysfunction.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Depran L Tablet
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Depran L is used in the treatment of Anxiety disorder and depression.
Contraindications of Depran L Tablet
- You are allergic to any of the components of the Depran L Tablet.
- You are taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) and antipsychotic medicine-pimozide.
- You are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives.
- You have acute angle glaucoma, which increases the fluid pressure in the eyes.
- You have liver disease.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have respiratory issues.
- You have a heart condition.
- You are pregnant and a lactating mother.
Side effects of Depran L Tablet
- Increased sweating
- Sexual dysfunction (decreased libido, anorgasmia, and male ejaculatory delay)
Precautions and Warnings of Depran L Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking Depran L Tablet.
- You have any suicidal ideation or self-harming thoughts.
- You experience severe changes in thought, behaviour or mood.
- You notice a sudden decrease or loss of vision.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- Your symptoms do not improve, or there is worsening of your condition.
- You have trouble breathing or talking,
- You have any previous mild liver or kidney condition, this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating and confusion.
Mode of Action of Depran L Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depran L Tablet
- Take the Depran L Tablet as per the doctor.
- You can take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take this medication on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine; take it as a whole.
- Do not take this tablet with other meds, consult your doctor first.
- Don’t stop taking this medication in between, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not consume if the package has been opened.
- Don’t exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Depran L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, Isocarboxazid, etc., is strictly contraindicated as it may cause serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome can also be induced by antidepressants, triptans, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, amphetamines. These are also contraindicated....
- Interaction with metoprolol can lead to excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- Interaction with antipsychotics (pimozide, haloperidol), tricyclic antidepressants and antihistamines can prolong QT interval.
- NSAIDs, Aspirin, and other medications which affect coagulation may interact and can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Azole antifungals, clarithromycin or CYP2C19 inhibitors (e.g. fluconazole, fluvoxamine, omeprazole) interaction may cause increased serum levels.
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t influence the effect of the Depran L Tablet. However, avoid consuming this medicine with cola drinks, chocolates and caffeine-containing food items as it can result in serotonin syndrome (high levels of serotonin)....
Storage and disposal of Depran L Tablet
Dosage of Depran L Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Depran L Tablet for all age groups?
Q: Can taking Depran L Tablet affect my sexual life?
Q: Can I discontinue Depran L Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from
- Escitalopram: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from
- Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from: