Defza 12mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Defza 12 MG Description
Defza Tablet is a steroid that is used to treat various disease conditions such as asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains deflazacort as an active ingredient that acts by reducing inflammation
(swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Defza Tablet at the same time every day as directed by your doctor and in prescribed dosage. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely.
|You Save||₹1.58 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Asthma, rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Headache, weight gain, nausea, indigestion, irregular periods|
Check more medicines with composition as Deflazacort(12.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Defza 12mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cortimax 12mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 161.95₹ 137.66₹ 22.94/Tablet
- Defcort 12mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 162.00₹ 137.70₹ 22.95/Tablet
Uses of Defza 12 MG
Defza Tablet is used in the treatment and management of various diseases and conditions such as allergic conditions, asthma and rheumatic disorder (like rheumatoid arthritis).
Contraindications of Defza 12 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with live vaccine.
- If you have an infection that is not being treated.
Side effects of Defza 12 MG
- Weight gain especially around face
- Irregular periods
- Muscle weakness
- Acne, hair growth on face
- Mood changes
- Stretch marks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Defza 12 MG
Can I take Defza Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Defza Tablet in pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Defza Tablet while breastfeeding?
Defza Tablet pass into the breastmilk. Thus, it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine while breastfeeding. Your doctor might suggest you an alternative or ask you to monitor your baby closely.
Can I drive if I have consumed Defza Tablet?
The medicine is likely to affect your ability to drive. However, do not drive until you know how the medicine affects you. Caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Defza Tablet?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a family history or have any underlying medical condition such as liver or kidney diseases, peptic ulcers, fits, hypertension, diabetes, weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis), brain-related disorder, muscle weakness etc....
- You had or have depression, psychosis or any psychiatric illnesses.
- You ever had tuberculosis.
- You have any kind of heart diseases. In such condition restricted salt diet and potassium supplements are suggested.
- You have tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), it may required dose adjustment.
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You should avoid contact and inform your doctor.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
- Do not stop taking the medicine abruptly.
Mode of Action of Defza 12 MG
How Does It Work?
Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra corticosteroid like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation. Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions....
Directions for Use of Defza 12 MG
Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water, or take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Take this medication daily at same time.
Interactions of Defza 12 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Defza Tablet, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for diabetes, hypertension, asthma, fungal infection, or any viral infection etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are water pills, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, blood thinners like warfarin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin etc....
- Keep a gap of at least two hours between the antacids and Defza Tablet.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Defza 12 MG
Store this medicine below 25°C and keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Defza 12 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any unusual symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is this medicine safe to use?
A: Before you start taking this medication, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking Defza Tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like fever, joint and muscle pain, itching etc.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed