Cona 150mg Tablets
Cona 150 MG Description
Cona Tablet is an antifungal medicine used to treat various fungal infections. It is also used to prevent the occurrence of fungal infections in cancer patients. It contains fluconazole as its active
ingredient. Patients with liver and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. This medicine should not be used by pregnant women.
Uses of Cona 150 MG
- Cona Tablet is used to treat fungal infections.
- It is also used in prevention of fungal infection in cancer patients.
Contraindications of Cona 150 MG
- If you are allergic to fluconazole or any other ingredient of Cona Tablet.
- If you are already taking certain medications such as antiallergic medicines like terfenadine, astemizole, medicines for heartburn like cisapride, Pimozide (for Tourette's syndrome), heart-related medicines like quinidine, or antibitics such as erythromycin etc....
Side effects of Cona 150 MG
- Stomach pain
- Impaired taste
Precautions and Warnings of Cona 150 MG
- Cona Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may unsafe and cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are taking fluconazole, then use contraception during the treatment and at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking this medicine.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disease etc.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You develop loss of appetite, nausea, yellowing of skin, seek immediate medical help.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have a condition of adrenal insufficiency (condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
- You are already on certain medications especially anti-malarial medicines etc.
Mode of Action of Cona 150 MG
- Cona Tablet works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against viruses or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cona 150 MG
- Cona Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cona 150 MG
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Cona Tablet or Cona Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Certain medicines like terfenadine, voriconazole, clarithromycin, erythromycin, ranolazine, lomitapide, donepezil, pimozide and quinidine should never be taken with Cona Tablet. As, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for diabetes, blood pressure, tuberculosis, brain-related disorders, bacterial infections, heart-related problem etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antacids, immunosuppressants like tacrolimus, painkillers, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines like atorvastatin etc.
Storage and disposal of Cona 150 MG
- Store Cona Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cona 150 MG
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Cona Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods
- This medicine can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms