Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clopitorva 10mg Capsule is a combination medicine containing Atorvastatin and Clopidogrel. It is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is also used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body. Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint pain or muscle pain are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
Uses of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
It is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is also used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc.
Contraindications of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin, Clopidogrel or any other ingredients of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you have bleeding due to an ulcer in your bowel or bleeding in your brain.
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loose motions
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
Can I take Clopitorva 10mg Capsule during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine can cause harm to unborn babies if taken by pregnant women. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women.
Can I take Clopitorva 10mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are not known to pass into breastmilk. This medicine should not be taken by a lactating mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clopitorva 10mg Capsule?
Limited information is available for the effect of this medicine on driving. It is recommended to avoid driving if you experience dizziness or you are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Clopitorva 10mg Capsule?
Consuming alcohol while on this medicine can cause bleeding from the stomach or can cause liver problems. Avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or any lung diseases.
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have any scheduled surgery.
- You have a fever or your blood platelet level decreases after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol thus reduces the risk of heart diseases and prevents stroke and heart attacks.
- Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body.
Directions for Use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
- Take Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with other medicines such as Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Fluoxetine, Fluconazole, Carbamazepine, Efavirenz can decrease the action of clopidogrel present in this medicine.Read less
- Concomitant use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with other medicines such as Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Gemfibrozil, Itraconazole or medicines from protease inhibitor group of medicine can cause muscle problems.Read less
- Concomitant use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with medicines such as Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Indinavir, Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin can increase the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with medicines such as Efavirenz, Rifampin can decrease the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with medicines from the NSAID group of medicines used in pain management can increase risks of stomach or bowel bleeding.
- Clopitorva 10mg Capsule should be used cautiously with oral contraceptives.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of excessive grapefruit juice (more than 1.2 lit/ day) along with this medicine can increase the blood level of atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use Clopitorva 10mg Capsule after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose include increased bleeding tendency. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Clopitorva 10mg Capsule be stopped before surgery?
A: Clopitorva 10mg Capsule if taken during surgery can cause an increased risk of bleeding, therefore should be stopped before surgery.
Q: Can I take Clopitorva 10mg Capsule with acid-lowering medicines?
A: Clopitorva 10mg Capsule can be taken with acid-lowering medicines except for some acid-lowering medicines such as omeprazole, esomeprazole. Omeprazole or esomeprazole can the decrease action of Clopitorva 10mg Capsule if taken together.
Q: Can Clopitorva 10mg Capsule cause muscle weakness?
A: Clopitorva 10mg Capsule can cause muscle weakness as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: Why does Clopitorva 10mg Capsule cause bruising?
A: Clopitorva 10mg Capsule can cause bruising due to a break in small blood vessels present under your skin which is due to the Clopidogrel component present in this medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 06 Mar 2021 | 11:35 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved