Clonapax Md 0.25mg Tablets
Clonapax Md 0.25 MG Description
Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab is used in the treatment of anxiety disorder and seizures. Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab is a tranquilliser that belongs to the category of benzodiazepines. It is also known as an a
ntianxiety agent and anticonvulsant. Clonapax 0.25 mg Tab contains clonazepam as the main compound. Clonazepam has a calming effect on your nerves and brain. Discontinuing Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab suddenly can cause worsening of some symptoms. You may also experience withdrawal symptoms like stomach cramps, shaking, mood changes and seizures. Your doctor will reduce your dose slowly before stopping this medicine. Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab does not cause addiction when taken for a short period. Clonapax Md 0.25 mg tab side effects include abnormal coordination, memory impairment and uncontrolled body movements. Your doctor will conduct regular blood tests to monitor your progress and detect side effects.
Uses of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
- Prevention and control of seizures
Contraindications of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
- If you are allergic to clonazepam or any other ingredient in Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab
- If you suffer from narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis (muscle weakening condition)
- If you have any type of kidney, lung or liver problems
- If you have indulged in substance abuse in the past
- If you are under treatment for any type of personality disorder
- If you are scheduled for any medical procedure involving anaesthesia
- If you suffer from cerebellar or spinal ataxia (a disorder that causes patients to become shaky and unsteady and have slurred speech)
- If you suffer from a sleep issue known as sleep apnea
- If you get suicidal or self-harming thoughts
Side effects of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
- Feeling tired
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any changes in mood, behaviour or thoughts.
- You have been diagnosed with any other mental health problems like depression. In rare cases, some people may experience depression and mood problems while consuming Clonapax Md 0.25 mg tab.
- Your family history makes you vulnerable to addictions.
- You are using supplements, vitamins and herbal products.
- Your side effects do not subside, or they become worse.
Mode of Action of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
- The tablet Clonapax MD 0.25 mg is to be taken orally. It should be swallowed with water.
- It is recommended to not take the medicine on an empty stomach.
- The dose of Clonapax Md 0.25 mg Tab depends on your ailment, age and general health.
- Dosage for children is decided on the basis of their body weight.
- Your doctor will start a low dose initially.
- Then they may increase the dose depending on your response to the medicine.
- In geriatric patients, the doctor will start with the lowest possible dose to reduce side effects.
- Prevalence of other medical conditions also affects the dosage prescribed
Interactions of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- ACE inhibitors
- Calcium Channel blockers
- Clonapax may cause an interaction if consumed with any of the medicines mentioned above. The interaction between these two medicines can cause an adverse effect on the body. Additionally, in some cases, these medicines interact with each other decreasing the effectiveness of either....
Interactions with food items
- Clonapax Md 0.25mg Tab interaction with food is insignificant. You can consume Clonapax Md 0.25mg Tab before or after food.
Storage and disposal of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
Dosage of Clonapax Md 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Clonapax Md 0.25mg Tab affect my feelings?
Q: I am using contraceptives for birth control. Will Clonapax Md 0.25 Mg Tab react with my contraceptives?
Q: Will I have to take Clonapax Md 0.25 Mg Tab for a long time?
- Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. Available from:
- 2.Klonopin (clonazepam) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. reference.medscape.com. Available from:
- .Drugs & Medications [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2019. Available from:
- .Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2020. Available from:
- 5.Hospitals M. Clonazepam | Side Effects | Dosage | Precautions | Medicine [Internet]. www.medicoverhospitals.in. [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from:
- 6.Clonazepam: Side effects, dosage, uses, and more [Internet]. www.medicalnewstoday.com. 2020 [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from: