By CLARIS LIFESCIENCES LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clomin tablet contains dicyclomine as its active ingredient. It is used in treating muscle spasm, cramps, stomach pain, irritable bowel disorders, etc. Take Clomin tablets exactly as instructed by the
doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from....
Uses of Clomin Tab
Clomin tablet is used to treat muscle spasm, cramps, pain in the stomach, intestine and abdomen due to bowel disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.
Contraindications of Clomin Tab
- If you are allergic to Dicyclomine or any of the other ingredients of Clomin tablet.
- If you any heart problems or bleeding disorders.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma or muscle weakness.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine due to obstructive problems of the kidney and urethra.
- If you have an obstructive disorder of gut or stomach acid reflux problems, inflammation in the intestine and colon.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be given to infants below 6-months.
Side effects of Clomin Tab
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Clomin Tab
Can I take Clomin tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of Clomin tablets in human pregnancy has not been established. Thus, it should be used only when your doctor considers it essential and the advantage of this medicine overweighs the potential risk to the developing baby.
Can I take Clomin tablet while breastfeeding?
Clomin tablets should not be used if you are breastfeeding as it is not very clear if it passes in breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Also, if this medicine is directly given to infants, it can lead to breathing cessation, which can probably happen if this medicine is taken by the nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clomin tablet?
You may experience blurred vision and dizziness after taking Clomin tablet. Be careful and alert if you have such symptoms after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Clomin tablet?
The interaction of Clomin tablet with alcohol is not clear. Avoid consuming alcohol in an excessive amount as it can aggravate the side effects of this medicine, such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have clinical conditions of intestines, liver or kidney or heart.
- You have muscle weakness or you have dysentery.
- You have a clinical condition called hernia or acid reflux problems, ulcers in the intestine.
- You have a fever as you need to be cautious while consuming this medicine.
- Be cautious if you have an enlarged prostate gland or an eye condition called glaucoma.
- Clomin tablets should be used with caution in older people, as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Clomin Tab
How Does It Work?
Dicyclomine in Clomin tablet works by blocking the effect of chemical acetylcholine responsible for uncontrollable muscle movements. It also acts directly on smooth muscles of the stomach and the inte
stine and helps to relax them and relieves pain and spasm due to bowel disorders....
Directions for Use of Clomin Tab
Clomin tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. Take it at a fixed time
for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Clomin Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Clomin tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concurrent use of Clomin tablet is not recommended along with medicines to treat glaucoma like timolol, bimatoprost, latanoprost as it can increase the pressure inside the eyes.
- You may experience more side effects along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like phenothiazines, pain relief medicines like meperidine.
- Medicines like metoclopramide used to treat nausea and vomiting and antacids reduce the effectiveness of Clomin tablet.
- Simultaneous use of other medicines like loperamide, neostigmine, digoxin, antacids and Gaviscon is not recommended.
Storage and disposal of Clomin Tab
Store Clomin tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine p
roperly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Clomin Tab
- Symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, dilated pupils, hot, dry skin, dizziness, mouth dryness, difficulty swallowing, fits, numbness, stomach pain, appetite decreased, dry mouth, nervousness....Read more
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Clomin tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Clomin tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a do
uble dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Clomin tablet on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking the Clomin tablet until advised by your doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Any special dietary modifications I need to make while taking the Clomin tablet?
A: It usually does not interact with food and neither its effectiveness is affected by food consumption. Yet, it can cause constipation and patients taking this medicine should include fiber in their diet and drink plenty of water to counteract this effect.
- BENTYL (dicyclomine hydrochloride), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- DailyMed - Dicyclomine hydrochloride [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Dicyclomine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Dicycloverine 20 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Lactmed - Dicyclomine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Jun 2021 | 12:18 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved