Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel is to be applied to the skin. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat Acne. The active medicinal constituent is clindamycin which helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. This medicine can cause irritation, rashes or dryness on the area of application. In case you notice any severe skin reaction consult a doctor.
Uses of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Treatment of acne vulgaris
Contraindications of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation of the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Can I use Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel while breastfeeding?
Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel needs to be applied to the skin. Hence it is unlikely to pass into breast milk. However, it should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I use Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel?
Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel has no influence on driving ability. So, you can drive while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol while using Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are already using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around these areas.
- You have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised for such patients.
- You experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you to discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which is required by bacteria to grow and its function. Hence it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents the infection from spreading.
Directions for Use of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine.
- Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested.
- Do not apply this medicine to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips, or inside of the nose.
- Rub in gently and well.
- Wash your hands afterwards to remove any medicine that may remain on them.
Interactions of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol and fluindione, may increase the blood clotting time
- If you are going to have any surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution
Storage and disposal of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- If you think you have applied excess of this medicine, wipe off the excess application.
- If you experience any symptoms of side effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any application of this gel, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next application, skip the missed application and continue with your regular schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for this medicine?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than your doctor has suggested
- Do not apply this medicine on windburned, sunburned skin, or on open wounds
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eye area, lips, or inside of the nose
- Rub in gently and well
- Wash your hands after applying it
Q: For how long do I need to apply this medicine?
A: Keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using this medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:46 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved