Chlorocol H Eye Oint
By JAWA PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
3g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chlorocol H eye ointment contains a combination of two medicines - Hydrocortisone and Chloramphenicol. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye such as conjunctivitis. It helps in relieving symptoms like redness, burning, watery and itching in the eyes due to the infection. Chlorocol H eye ointment is meant for topical eye use only. You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Before using this medicine, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Chlorocol H eye ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
Contraindications of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- If you are allergic to Hydrocortisone, Chloramphenicol or any other ingredients of Chlorocol H eye ointment.
- If you or any of your family member has blood problems such as low RBC, WBC or platelet count.
Side effects of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Irritation, burning or stinging in the eyes.
- Blurred vision (temporary) after initial application.
Precautions and Warnings of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Can I apply Chlorocol H eye ointment during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Chlorocol H eye ointment during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects on pregnant women.
Can I apply Chlorocol H eye ointment while breastfeeding?
Please consult your doctor before using Chlorocol H eye ointment while breastfeeding as there is limited safety information available.
Can I drive if I have applied Chlorocol H eye ointment?
You may experience visual disturbances like a blurred vision after applying Chlorocol H eye ointment. Therefore, you should avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Chlorocol H eye ointment?
There is no information available on the interaction of Chlorocol H eye ointment with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any other eye problems like corneal damage, pain in the eye, etc.
- You are suffering from any eye infection or injury.
- You had any eye surgery.
- You had or have glaucoma.
- You need to remove your contact lenses before using this medicine.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while using Chlorocol H eye ointment.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Do not wear contact lenses while on treatment with this medicine.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment should not be used in children who are under the age of 2 years.
Mode of Action of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
How Does It Work?
- Chlorocol H eye ointment works by the combined effects of both its components - Hydrocortisone and Chloramphenicol.
- Hydrocortisone is a steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells, thus reducing inflammation, swelling and redness of the skin.
- Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic that works by preventing the formation of proteins necessary to perform vital functions, thus stopping the growth of bacteria and preventing further spreading of infection.read less
Directions for Use of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Use Chlorocol H eye ointment as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying this ointment.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment is meant only for topical eye use.
Interactions of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment should not be used concomitantly with medicines like azathioprine or if you are on chemotherapy.
- If you use another eye product concomitantly with Chlorocol H eye ointment, keep a minimum gap of 5 to 10 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Store Chlorocol H eye ointment at room temperature in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must not use the eye ointment once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
Dosage of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
If you feel you have used Chlorocol H eye ointment more than you should, rinse your eyes with warm water and do not use it more until it is time for your next dose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Chlorocol H eye ointment, use it as soon as possible. Do not use a double dose of this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Chlorocol H eye ointment?
A: Chlorocol H eye ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
Q: Is it safe to use Chlorocol H eye ointment during pregnancy?
A: You should avoid using Chlorocol H eye ointment as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
Q: Can I wear contact lenses while using Chlorocol H eye ointment?
A: No, you must not wear contact lenses while on treatment with Chlorocol H eye ointment.
Q: How long should I use Chlorocol H eye ointment?
A: You should complete the course of Chlorocol H eye ointment for effective control of allergy.
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved