Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Chlorocol H Eye Oint Description
Chlorocol H eye ointment contains a combination of two medicines - Hydrocortisone and Chloramphenicol. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye such as conjunctivitis. It helps in relievin
g symptoms like redness, burning, watery and itching in the eyes due to the infection. Chlorocol H eye ointment is meant for topical eye use only. You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Before using this medicine, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
|₹9.49 (7% on MRP)
|Chloramphenicol(1.0 %) + Hydrocortisone(0.5 %)
|Bacterial eye infections
|Irritation, burning or stinging in the eyes
|OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID
Uses of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Contraindications of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- If you are allergic to Hydrocortisone, Chloramphenicol or any other ingredients of Chlorocol H eye ointment.
- If you or any of your family member has blood problems such as low RBC, WBC or platelet count.
Side effects of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Irritation, burning or stinging in the eyes.
- Blurred vision (temporary) after initial application.
Precautions and Warnings of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Other General Warnings
- You have any other eye problems like corneal damage, pain in the eye, etc.
- You are suffering from any eye infection or injury.
- You had any eye surgery.
- You had or have glaucoma.
- You need to remove your contact lenses before using this medicine.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while using Chlorocol H eye ointment.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Do not wear contact lenses while on treatment with this medicine.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment should not be used in children who are under the age of 2 years.
Mode of Action of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
How Does It Work?
- Chlorocol H eye ointment works by the combined effects of both its components - Hydrocortisone and Chloramphenicol.
- Hydrocortisone is a steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells, thus reducing inflammation, swelling and redness of the skin.
- Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic that works by preventing the formation of proteins necessary to perform vital functions, thus stopping the growth of bacteria and preventing further spreading of infection....
Directions for Use of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Use Chlorocol H eye ointment as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying this ointment.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment is meant only for topical eye use.
Interactions of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Chlorocol H eye ointment should not be used concomitantly with medicines like azathioprine or if you are on chemotherapy.
- If you use another eye product concomitantly with Chlorocol H eye ointment, keep a minimum gap of 5 to 10 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Chlorocol H Eye Oint
- Store Chlorocol H eye ointment at room temperature in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must not use the eye ointment once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.