Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetirizine is the active ingredient present in Cetiriz Tablet, used to provide symptomatic relief from various allergic conditions characterised by a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus, the common cold, hives. Cetiriz Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration as it may result in treatment failure. The most common side effects of Cetiriz Tablet are dizziness, sleepiness, drowsiness. If these side effects worsen, reach out to the nearest hospital or clinic. Children below 6 years of age should not be given this medicine and also patients with severe kidney problems.
Uses of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
Cetiriz Tablet is used to treat allergic conditions such as dust or pet allergies characterised by sneezing, itchy, a runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin, insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any other components of Cetiriz Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney diseases.
Side effects of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- A dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
Can I take Cetiriz Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take Cetiriz Tablet, unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Cetiriz Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cetiriz Tablet passes into the breastmilk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetiriz Tablet?
Cetiriz Tablet is known to cause sleepiness, dizziness. If you experience these symptoms you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetiriz Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption along with Cetiriz Tablet as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems.
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- Cetiriz Tablet should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cetiriz Tablet works by blocking the release of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
Cetiriz Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The effectiveness of Cetiriz Tablet may increase or decrease when other medicines are taken at the same time.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetiriz 10mg Tablet
- An overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeats, tremor, urinary retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on the medication of Cetiriz Tablet?
- Yes, Cetiriz Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, difficulty in breathing or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help
Q: Can Cetiriz Tablet be used for cold?
A: Yes, Cetiriz Tablet can be used to provide relief from the cold. Cold is a symptom of an allergic condition.
Q: Can I take Cetiriz Tablet with Dolo 650?
A: Yes, you can take Cetiriz Tablet with Dolo 650 if you have pain and a fever along with allergic symptoms. Cetiriz Tablet helps you provide relief from the allergic symptoms only, while Dolo 650 is a painkiller.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved