Cefoxim 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cefoxim 500 MG Description
Cefoxim 500 tablet contains cefuroxime, an antibiotic as its active ingredient. Cefoxim 500 tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, ur
inary tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. You should take this medicine only after consulting with your doctor and self-medication should be avoided. Always complete the entire course of antibiotic treatment as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and developing antibiotic resistance. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with the Cefoxim 500 tablet.
Uses of Cefoxim 500 MG
Contraindications of Cefoxim 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems, or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefoxim 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
Precautions and Warnings of Cefoxim 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience continuous diarrhoea even after stopping the medicine.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
Mode of Action of Cefoxim 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefoxim 500 MG
Interactions of Cefoxim 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefoxim 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of Cefoxim 500 tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception (such as condoms)....
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution along this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Cefoxim 500 MG
Dosage of Cefoxim 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to amoxicillin. Can I take this medicine?
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
Q: How long should I take Cefoxim 500 tablet?
Q: Is Cefoxim 500 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What are the side effects of Cefoxim 500 tablet?
- Novacef tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 June 2021]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 June 2021]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 June 2021]