Cefadrol Dt 250mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Cefadrol Dt 250 MG Description
Cefadrol Dt Tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, throat, lungs, soft tissue and urinary tract. It contains cefadroxil as the active component. This medicine should
be used for the exact dose and duration that it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Do not use this medicine on your own.
Uses of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
Contraindications of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
- If you are allergic to cefadroxil or any other ingredient of Cefadrol Dt Tablet.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
- Cefadrol Dt Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should be used in breastfeeding women only if recommended by the doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefadrol Dt Tablet.
- You have or had an allergic reaction to cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You have problems with the kidney or intestines.
- You develop fever and feel weak.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
- Take Cefadrol Dt Tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefadrol Dt Tablet works or Cefadrol Dt Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking blood thinner medicines, other antibiotics or medicines to treat heart problems and gout.
Storage and disposal of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
- Store Cefadrol Dt Tablet below 30°C in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cefadrol Dt 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cefadrol Dt Tablet if I feel better?
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Cefadrol Dt Tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience the symptoms.
- The antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take Cefadrol Dt Tablet on your own.
- The medicine is not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts against bacteria.
Q: When should I take Cefadrol Dt Tablet?
- Androxyl Capsule [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Cefadroxil Mylan [Internet]. Docetp.mpa.se. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CEFADROXIL - Cefadroxil Capsules USP (as cefadroxil monohydrate) 500 mg [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]