Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm Description
Candid Total Plus cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. This cream helps in reduc
ng the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Candid Total Plus cream contains a combination of clobetasol, neomycin and miconazole as their active components. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and miconazole is an antifungal agent. Candid Total Plus cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹5.94 (6% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Miconazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
Contraindications of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, miconazole or any of the ingredients in Candid Total Plus cream.
- It should not be used for treating infection in and around the genitals or anal area, face, acne and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in the external ear canal.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Candid Total Plus cream should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
- Burning, irritation, itching at the area Candid Total Plus cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions on the skin after applying the Candid Total Plus cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for a weak.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply the Candid Total Plus cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
- Use Candid Total Plus cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only. Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Candid Total Plus cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Candid Total Plus cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Candid Total Plus cream with other medicines. However, as Candid Total Plus cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems....
Storage and disposal of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
- Store Candid Total Plus cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Candid Total Plus Cream 20 Gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally ingest Candid Total Plus cream?
Q: Can I use Candid Total Plus cream for pimples?
Q: Is Candid Total Plus cream a steroid?
Q: How long should Candid Total Plus cream be used?
- Dermovate cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 October 2021]
- DailyMed - Neomycin Sulfate cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 October 2021]
- Daktarin cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 October 2021]
- SONADERM-NM Cream [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 11 October 2021]