Calpol T Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calpol T is a medication used for relieving pain and fever. It is a combination of two drugs: paracetamol/ acetaminophen (325 mg) and tramadol (37.5 mg). Paracetamol belongs to the category of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), and tramadol belongs to opioids or narcotics. It is a drug used for relieving moderate pain and fever. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Pain occurs when various chemical substances in the body are released due to an injury. The brain then sends signals to the body where there is an injury to notify that something is wrong. Calpol T helps in blocking these chemicals and brain signals. It is considered a safe medication when taken in the prescribed dosage. It can cause dependency issues, if it’s used regularly or in higher dosage. If you already have kidney or liver-related issues, consult your doctor first before taking this medication. Some people can experience withdrawal effects with this drug after long-term use. Try not to use this drug continuously for more than five days. It has few side effects, and it's rare to have an allergic reaction to this drug....
|You Save||₹11.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, headache, rash, gastric problems, dry mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, mouth ulcers, gas, tinnitus, palpitations, allergic reactions, change in appetite, congestion, blurry vision, hypertension, anxiety, seizures.|
|Classification||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)
Uses of Calpol T Tablet
- Whiplash injuries
- Bone fractures
- Muscle tears
- Joint pain
- Nerve pain
- Back Pain
- Sore throat
- Menstrual pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Post-vaccine fever
- Pain in cancer patients
Contraindications of Calpol T Tablet
- If you are allergic to any component of these pain medications
- If you have liver failure or other conditions that affect the liver’s functioning, it increases the risk of adverse reactions.
- If you have severe kidney-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from breathing issues like asthma
- If you have stomach bleeding or perforation.
- If your body has been in shock, where sufficient blood is not pumped to all body parts, do not take this medication.
- Do not give this to children below 17 years of age without consulting a doctor, as it contains tramadol, an opioid drug, contraindicated in children.
Side effects of Calpol T Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Mouth ulcers
- Decreased appetite
- Gastric problems
- Rare side effects are
- Allergic reactions
- Low haemoglobin
- Increased heart rate
- Bleeding in stomach and intestines
- Liver toxicity
- Menstrual disorders
- Myocardial infarction (Heart attack)
- Bleeding in stomach
- Stomach ulcers
- Kidney impairment
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment. But, if you are experiencing any of the above side effects persistently, stop using Calpol T immediately and consult your doctor....
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol T Tablet
Can I take the Calpol T during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant, confer with your doctor before taking Calpol T. There are few studies on its safety in pregnant women, but animal studies have shown some harmful effects in the babies.
Can I take Calpol T while breastfeeding?
There is no sufficient data of Calpol T effects on breastfeeding babies and mothers. It is usually considered safe and only takes it if your doctor prescribes it.
Can I drive if I have taken Calpol T?
Calpol T has tramadol, which is an opioid painkiller. It causes side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and blurred vision. Therefore, do not drive if you have taken it.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol T?
No, do not consume alcohol with Calpol T. It exaggerates the effects of alcohol. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, dizziness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any seizure disorder, consult your doctor first before taking Calpol T.
- If you have been diagnosed with active liver inflammation with Hepatitis C, do not take this drug without informing your doctor.
- If you consume alcohol every day or have a history of alcohol addiction, notify your doctor before taking this medication.
- If you suffer from malnutrition, use this medication with caution after informing your doctor.
- Do not take this medication without caution if you are vomiting due to anything.
Mode of Action of Calpol T Tablet
How Does It Work?
Calpol T consists of two different drugs. Paracetamol works as an anti-analgesic (pain killer) and antipyretic (lowers fever). It works by decreasing chemical substances like prostaglandins, responsible for pain and inflammation in the body. It also regulates the body temperature by working on certain areas in the brain (hypothalamic heat-regulating centre). Tramadol blocks pain signals from reaching the body. It blocks the pain pathways in the nervous system, by binding certain receptors. It also increases the amount of norepinephrine and serotonin, the chemical messenger responsible for reducing pain and causing a calming effect....
Directions for Use of Calpol T Tablet
- Take Calpol T in recommended dose and duration.
- Do not take more than a tablet at one time without informing a doctor, as it can cause an overdose.
- Take it immediately after opening.
- Swallow the tablet entirely with a glass of water, and do not chew.
- Try to take this medication on time.
- Try to take it with food to prevent stomach problems.
- Check the expiration date before using it.
- Consult your doctor if you want to give it to a child.
Interactions of Calpol T Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take the Calpol T tablet with other pain medications, as they can cause serious adverse effects. They can also damage the liver.
- Do not take a Calpol T tablet with antidepressants like linezolid, naltrexone, methylene blue, etc. They can cause increased side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, tremors, lethargy, vomitings, etc.
- Do not take it with antihistamines like cetirizine, diphenhydramine., as they can increase the effects of drowsiness.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take Calpol T with alcohol. It can lower the functioning of the liver. It also can cause side effects like fever, chills, nausea, bleeding, weakness, joint pain, bruising, itching, redness, swelling, vomiting, yellowing of skin and eyes....
Storage and disposal of Calpol T Tablet
Store Calpol T tablets in neat and dry places, at room temperature. Take the tablet immediately after opening it. Do not expose it to direct sunlight, wetness, or humidity. Dispose of the package after using it. Do not use the medication after its expiry date. Do not use it if the package is already broken. Keep it away from children....
Dosage of Calpol T Tablet
Calpol T overdose can cause abdominal pain, dizziness, fainting, vomiting, seizures, low blood sugar, sweating, cardiac arrest, lethargy, low blood pressure, liver damage, confusion, and coma. In case of Calpol T overdose, seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical centre....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Calpol T, you can take it when you remember it. But, skip the missed dose if it's already the time for the next dose. Do not take both at a time, as it can lead to overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I continue taking Calpol T if the pain subsided?
A: Calpol T is only recommended as a short-term treatment for relieving pain. You can stop using it once the pain has subsided. However, if you have any concerns about when to stop, please consult your doctor.
Q: Can I use Calpol T with other painkillers?
A: Do not take other medication that has paracetamol or tramadol in it while using Calpol T. It increases the risk of overdose, which can cause various symptoms like dizziness, stomach bleeding, liver failure, kidney failure, stomach ulcers, etc.
Q: Can I take Calpol T with cold or allergy medicine?
A: Most cold and allergy medicines can cause drowsiness and slow breathing. When combined with Calpol T, these side effects can be exaggerated. Try to take these medications after consulting your doctor.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.