Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brimolol Eye Drop is a combination of Brominidine and Timolol. It is used to lower the pressure built within the eye (ocular hypertension) and chronic glaucoma. It works by decreasing the production o
f aqueous humour (fluid filled in the eye) which further lowers the eye pressure. It should not be used in children below 2-years of age. Brimolol Eye Drop should be used externally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory condition and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsens, consult with your doctor....
Uses of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
Brimolol Eye Drop is used to lower the intraocular (within the eye) pressure in patients with chronic (long-lasting) open-angle glaucoma or hypertension of the eye.
Contraindications of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
- If you are allergic to Timolol, Brimonidine or any other component of Brimolol Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder including heart failure.
- If you have any psychiatric disease and are on medicine such as rasagiline, selegiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, desipramine and mianserin.
Side effects of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
- Burning sensation
- Pain, discharge, dryness, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Low mood
- Sleepiness, headache
- Dry mouth
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
Precautions and Warnings of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
Can I use Brimolol Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Brimolol Eye Drop in human pregnancy. Hence, the use of Brimolol Eye Drop is not recommended unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant.
Can I use Brimolol Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Brimolol Eye Drop may pass into the breastmilk and cause harm to the newborn baby or infant. The use of Brimolol Eye Drop is not recommended for nursing mother. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Brimolol Eye Drop?
Brimolol Eye Drop may cause blurring of vision, visual disturbance, fatigue, drowsiness which may alter the ability to drive. Hence, avoid driving until all these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Brimolol Eye Drop?
It is recommended to avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol with Brimolol Eye Drop as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid) disease or condition.
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Brimolol Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2-years of age.
Mode of Action of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Brimolol Eye Drop contains Timolol and Brimonidine. They work by decreasing the raised intraocular (inside the eye).
- Brimonidine has the dual action of reducing the aqueous humour fluid (fluid in the front part of the eye) production and increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid.
- Timolol acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Brimolol Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
- Effect of Brimolol Eye Drop may be increased with medicine used to calm the central nervous system such as morphine, zolpidem, lidocaine.
- Effect of Brimolol Eye Drop may be increased with medicine such as diltiazem, verapamil, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine used for heart conditions.
- Concomitant use of Brimolol Eye Drop with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Brimolol Eye Drop may increase the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicine such as metformin, insulin and may hide the symptoms of lower blood sugar.
- Concomitant use of Brimolol Eye Drop with iodine contrast medium or intravenous lidocaine should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
- Store at temperature not exceeding 15°-25°C.
- Protect it from freezing.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Brimolol Eye Drops 10ml
- As Brimolol Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe the out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Brimolol Eye Drop, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-instill this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Brimolol Eye Drop?
A: You should use Brimolol Eye Drop for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle, make sure you use it within 4-weeks of opening.
Q: Can Brimolol Eye Drop lower the blood pressure?
A: No, Brimolol Eye Drop does not significantly lower the systemic blood pressure. It lowers the pressure in the eye (ocular pressure).
Q: Will Brimolol Eye Drop cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Brimolol Eye Drop may cause blurry vision for some time or short duration. If this condition worsens, connect with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
Q: Can I stop taking Brimolol Eye Drop when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Brimolol Eye Drop. Your symptoms may improve before the condition being cured completely. You should complete the full course of treatment, else the condition might worsen later. Always consult your doctor before stopping any medicine.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved