Bploc Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Bp Loc Xl 25 MG Description
Bp Loc Xl Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metoprolol a
s its active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Bp Loc Xl Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Bp Loc Xl Tablet.
- Met Xl 25mg Tablet 20'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.12₹ 85.108% CHEAPER₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Supermet Xl 25mg Tablets 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.52₹ 50.5927% CHEAPER₹ 3.37/Tablet
- Embeta Xr 25mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.19₹ 127.668% CHEAPER₹ 4.26/Tablet
- Betaone Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.35₹ 48.7529% CHEAPER₹ 3.25/Tablet
- Cymet Er 25mg TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 22.00₹ 18.7059% CHEAPER₹ 1.87/Tablet
- Tamepro 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 40.0013% CHEAPER₹ 4.0/Tablet
- Metomac 25mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.86₹ 29.2836% CHEAPER₹ 2.93/Tablet
- Betabest Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.15₹ 27.3341% CHEAPER₹ 2.73/Tablet
- Protol Xl 25mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.82₹ 37.2519% CHEAPER₹ 3.73/Tablet
- Lakmet Xl 25mg Tablets 10'sBy Lakshya Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 39.0015% CHEAPER₹ 3.9/Tablet
Uses of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
Contraindications of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Bp Loc Xl Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Bp Loc Xl Tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Bp Loc Xl Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
Interactions of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Bp Loc Xl works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
- Store Bp Loc Xl Tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Bp Loc Xl 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Bp Loc Xl Tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Can I stop taking Bp Loc Xl if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Is Bp Loc Xl blood thinner?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]