Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betnesol Injection is a steroidal medicine. It contains Betamethasone as an active ingredient. Betnesol Injection is used in the treatment of various conditions due to inflammation and allergies. It works by acting as a natural steroid in the body and helps in reducing inflammation and immune activity.
Uses of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
- To provide relief during severe asthmatic attacks (Status asthmaticus).
- For allergic reactions, including allergies due to medicines.
- To treat shock, which could be due to trauma or surgery or infection.
- As a replacement for the body’s naturally occurring corticosteroid hormones when your body is not producing sufficient steroids.
- To treat soft tissue lesions (tennis elbow, tenosynovitis and bursitis).
Contraindications of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
- Known allergy to Betamethasone or any ingredients of this injection.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you have fungal infections or acne.
- If you have diabetes mellitus or tuberculosis.
- If you have any untreated infection.
Side effects of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
- Risk of developing a cataract
- Skin thinning
- Weak bones (osteoporosis)
- Increased pressure in the eye (Glaucoma)
- Increased levels of steroids
- Growth retardation (in children)
Precautions and Warnings of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
Can I take Betnesol Injection during pregnancy?
Betnesol Injection should not be taken during pregnancy, as steroids are known to retard the growth and development in the growing foetus and cause cleft lip and cleft palate.
Can I take a Betnesol Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Betnesol Injection passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Betnesol Injection?
There is no information available on the interaction of this medicine with driving abilities. If you experience visual disturbance, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Betnesol Injection?
There are no known interactions of Betnesol Injection with alcohol. Consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience blurred vision or visual disturbances after taking this injection.
- You develop an infection after taking this medicine, as this medicine may increase your susceptibility for infection.
- You develop chickenpox while on treatment with this medicine or your immune system is not working properly.
- You experience swelling and fluid retention after taking this injection, especially in patients with heart failure.
- You are elderly, as chances of getting the complications are more, especially if there is any comorbid condition.
- This injection may worsen your health condition if you have high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, glaucoma and epilepsy.
- This injection may cause growth retardation in the children, treatment should be limited to the minimum dosage for the shortest possible time.
- When the treatment with Betnesol Injection needs to be stopped, a gradual dose reduction should be considered to avoid the chances of getting symptoms of steroid withdrawal.
Mode of Action of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
How Does It Work?
Betnesol Injection contains steroidal medicine Betamethasone which works by boosting the steroid levels in the body. It reduces inflammation, reduces allergies and lowers immune activity.
Directions for Use of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
- Betnesol Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instruction given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Betnesol Injection may reduce the action of certain medicines used to treat myasthenia gravis called
- Anticholinesterases, Aspirin and painkillers.
- The action of Betnesol injection is reduced by concomitant use of certain medicines used for the brain disorders (Phenytoin, Phenobarbitone), Ephedrine (used for breathing problem) and Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis).read less
- The dose of blood thinner may require adjustment while taking Betnesol Injection.
- Certain hormonal contraceptives (Oestrogens) may increase the activity of this injection, dose adjustment is required.
- Antiviral medicines such as Ritonavir, Cobicistat and antifungal such as Itraconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
- Store protected from light at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Betnesol Inj 8*1ml
Betnesol Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this injection. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
It is less likely to miss a dose of this injection since it is to be given under medical supervision. However, if your doctor misses to give you a dose, remind them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Betnesol for cough?
A: No, this medicine has no action in cough. It is used for the conditions of severe inflammation and allergy where quick corticosteroid treatment is required.
Q: Can Betnesol Injection harm an unborn baby?
A: Betnesol Injection is not recommended during pregnancy as it may interfere with the growth of the growing baby and may also cause cleft lip and cleft palate.
Q: Is Betnesol Injection a steroid?
A: Yes, it is a steroidal medicine it contains a corticosteroid called betamethasone.
Q: Does Betnesol Injection affect your blood sugar levels?
A: Betnesol Injection can increase blood sugar levels and can also interfere with the action of certain antidiabetic medicines.
Last Updated on: 07 Dec 2020 | 07:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved