Betnelan 1mg Tablet
Betnelan 1 MG Description
Betnelan Tablet is used to relieve inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with an allergy, immune-related disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other alle
rgic conditions. It is a steroid medicine containing betamethasone as its main component. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting the doctor. You must complete the entire course with the medicine. Some common side effects of Betnelan Tablets are nausea, indigestion, heartburn but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before using this Tablet.
|You Save||₹1.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Indigestion, heartburn, nausea|
- Betnesol Forte Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.40₹ 20.36₹ 1.02/Tablet
Uses of Betnelan 1 MG
Contraindications of Betnelan 1 MG
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredients of Betnelan Tablet.
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Betnelan 1 MG
- Increased sweating
- Increased appetite
- Thinning of bones
Precautions and Warnings of Betnelan 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any type of infection.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You or the family members had or have glaucoma.
- You are suffering from mental health problems.
- You had chickenpox, shingles, measles or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of Betnelan 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betnelan 1 MG
- Take Betnelan Tablet exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Do not exceed the dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Betnelan 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Betnelan Tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pills, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Betnelan Tablet.
- Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Betnelan 1 MG
- Betnelan Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Betnelan 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Betnelan Tablet contain?
Q: Is Betnelan Tablet a steroid medicine?
Q: How should I take Betnelan Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Betnelan medicine if I feel my symptoms are gone?
Q: What is Betnelan Tablet used for?
Q: How often can you take Betnelan?
Q: What are the side effects of Betnelan?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betnelan Tablet [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]