Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
By GALDERMA INDIA PVT LTD
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Benzac Ac Gel is used for the treatment of acne. It contains Benzoyl Peroxide as an active ingredient. It works as a keratolytic and bactericidal agent. It kills the bacteria that causes acne and helps in shedding the dead skin by loosening the keratin layer. It may also produce a soothing effect on the skin by retaining moisture. While using this product you should follow a healthy skincare routine. Avoid using any product that may irritate or make your skin dry such as alcohol-containing products, cosmetics or soaps that dry the skin, medicated cosmetics.
Uses of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
For the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
Contraindications of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Previously known allergy to Benzoyl Peroxide or products containing Benzoyl Peroxide, an allergic reaction may include rash or itching on skin.
Side effects of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Can I use Benzac Ac Gel during pregnancy?
There is no safety information available on the use of this product in pregnant women. This medicine should only be used by a pregnant woman if needed. Do not use this product unless your doctor has told you that you can use this.
Can I take Benzac Ac Gel while breastfeeding?
Be cautious if you are using this product while breastfeeding. You must not apply this product near your chest to avoid exposure of the breastfed infant to this product.
Can I drive if I have consumed Benzac Ac Gel?
This product has as no or negligible influence on the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Benzac Ac Gel?
There is no known interaction known between this medicine and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling or blistering on your skin after application of this product, discontinue and talk to your doctor.
- You should avoid exposure of this product to your eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane, if accidental exposure happens wash it immediately.
- This product may bleach your hair, clothes or fabrics, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after each application.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and do not apply this product on damaged skin.
Mode of Action of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
How Does It Work?
Benzac Ac Gel has keratolytic and bactericidal actions. It works by reducing the population of certain bacteria present on the skin responsible for acne and thus reduces the production of irritant fatty acids in the sebaceous glands. Of its keratolytic action, it helps in removing dead skin by loosening the keratin. It also helps in retaining the moisture in the skin.
Directions for Use of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Wash your skin with a mild cleanser before application of this product and pat it dry.
- Apply this product in a thin layer once or twice or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- You should avoid exposure to sunlight while using this product, if that is unavoidable use this in the evening.
- Do not use more or less of this product or more often than directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Interactions of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Benzac Ac Gel is meant to be used on the skin hence it may not affect the action of other medicines consumed orally or taken via systemic route. However, this can affect the action of medication or products applied to the skin at the same time.read less
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about any topical product you are currently using or might use.
- You should not use medicines with peeling, drying or irritant effects on the skin, also avoid using other medicines for the treatment of acne simultaneously.
Storage and disposal of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Dosage of Benzac Ac 2.5% Tube Of 20gm Gel
If you have applied too much of this gel you may feel irritation and redness on the skin, wash off the excess of this Gel. You can start using it again once the symptoms go away.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this Gel at the right time don't worry and use it as soon as you remember. Start using the product in the same way as before.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Benzac Ac Gel works?
A: It works by killing the bacteria responsible for acne. It also helps in removing dead skin by softening the upper layer of skin.
Q: Does Benzac Ac Gel remove scars?
A: This product may not be effective in removing scars as this is an anti-acne product.
Last Updated on: 04 Mar 2021 | 09:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved