Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Azulix Mf Forte Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is a combination of glimepiride and metformin. Azulix Mf Forte Tablet is indicated for type 2 diabetes mellitus. A condition where blood s
gar level rises above the normal range due to varied reasons. This medicine lowers the raised blood glucose levels. You should follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly along with this medicine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Azulix Mf Forte Tablet should be taken with meals. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it may result in sudden change in blood sugar levels, further leading to other health consequences such as damage to the eye, kidney and legs.
|You Save||₹25.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(1.0 G) + Glimepiride(1.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, low blood sugar, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomach pain|
Uses of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredient of Azulix Mf Forte Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine
- If you have had heart or lung failure, recent incidence of heart attack and shock
- If you are alcoholic.
Side effects of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Hunger pangs
Precautions and Warnings of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- There is limited information about the effect of Azulix Mf Forte Tablet on breastfeeding. Thus, you should not take this medicine, unless advised by your doctor.
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, monitor your child for signs of hypoglycemia such as excessive sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, difficulty in breathing, or decreased body temperature....
- Azulix Mf Forte Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. Thus avoid driving. If you experience these symptoms often talk to you doctor.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test which involves injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
- Long term use of this medicine can cause low level of vitamin B12, which may result in tingling, pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
Mode of Action of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing release of insulin hormone from pancreas. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azulix Mf Forte Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, thyroid medicine anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, oral contraceptives, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicines used for acidity like ranitidine, anti-hypertensive medicine like atenolol, propanolol, clonidine and anti-pyschotic medicine like reserpine can either increase or decrease the effect of this medicine, thus masking the signs of low blood sugar, thus should be cautious....
Storage and disposal of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a dry place. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azulix Mf Forte 1mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Overdose of Azulix Mf Forte Tablet may lead to severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up). This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, low mood, confusion, dizziness etc....
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double dose. Inform you doctor if you are on any medicines.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose ...
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.