Azibact 250mg Tablet 10's
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azibact Tablet contains Azithromycin as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various organisms at different parts of the body such as lungs, throat, airways, urinary tract, dental. It acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. You may experience adverse effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
Azibact Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various susceptible organisms.
Contraindications of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to Azithromycin or any other component of Azibact Tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Side effects of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Altered blood cell count
- Decrease appetite
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
Can I take Azibact Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Azibact Tablet on pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medcince unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the benefit.
Can I take Azibact Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azibact Tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the infant. Monitor your child closely for diarrhoea, vomiting, fungal infection while you are on this medicine. If you suspect any of the symptoms in your baby, report to the doctor immediately.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azibact Tablet?
If you experience any side effect like dizziness, visual impairment, blurred vision after taking Azibact Tablet, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Azibact Tablet?
It is recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while on Azibact Tablet, as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any allergic reactions due to medicine.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Your child vomiting or has irritability while feeding.
- You have heart disease such as irregular heart rate, heart failure, decreased heart rate.
- You are on any medication.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You have a severe infection.
- You have sinusitis, tonsilitis, ear infection, wounds, skin infection.
- You get any fungal infection after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
Azibact Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Azibact Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or break this medicine.
- If you are taking any antacids, then Azibact Tablet should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids. Take it at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Interactions of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azibact Tablet works, or Azibact Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially/In particular if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.read less
Storage and disposal of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azibact 250mg Tablet 10'S
Excess of Azibact Tablet may cause a reversible loss of hearing, severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Azibact Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Azibact Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Can Azibact Tablet be used for tonsilitis?
A: Azibact Tablet is not the first line of treatment for tonsilitis, however, it further depends on the infection causing organism. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine based on the susceptible organism.
Q: Can I stop taking Azibact Tablet when my symptoms are relieved or when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Azibact Tablet and complete the full course of treatment else the treatment might fail and the chance of reoccurrence of the infection increases. You may feel better before your infection is being cured completely. To gain optimal benefit it is advised to take it for the prescribed duration.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved