Azarid 50mg Tablet
Azarid 50 MG Description
Azarid Tablet is used in the treatment of organ transplants and a few autoimmune diseases. It contains azathioprine as its active medicine. Azarid Tablet reduces the strength of the immune system. Yo
u must use contraceptive methods while taking these Tablets and for up to 3 months after you complete the course of treatment with Azarid Tablet. Avoid if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen with a high protection factor while on this medicine.
- Azoran 50mg Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Rpg Life Sciences Ltd20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 236.25₹ 200.81₹ 10.04/Tablet
- Azr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.23₹ 100.50₹ 10.05/Tablet
- Innomune 50mg Tablet 10'sBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.80₹ 98.432% CHEAPER₹ 9.84/Tablet
- Azaprin 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Galcare Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.00₹ 106.00₹ 10.6/Tablet
- Azapure Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.79₹ 90.779% CHEAPER₹ 9.08/Tablet
- Azasis Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rivan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.00₹ 106.00₹ 10.6/Tablet
- Zymurine Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Lifesciences Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.10₹ 118.10₹ 11.81/Tablet
Uses of Azarid 50 MG
- Azarid Tablet is used in the management of organ transplantation. It helps the body to accept a transplanted organ like kidney, liver, heart, lung or pancreas.
- It is also useful in some autoimmune diseases including severe inflammatory diseases of the skin, liver, arteries and blood disorders.
Contraindications of Azarid 50 MG
- If you are allergic to azathioprine or any other ingredients of Azarid Tablet.
- If you have a severe infection.
- If you have severe liver disease or severe bone marrow disease.
- If you have inflammation of the pancreas.
- If you need or are going to have a vaccination containing a living virus or bacteria, such as BCG, smallpox or yellow fever vaccine.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Azarid 50 MG
- Reduction in the platelet count
- Frequent infections (bacterial, viral and fungal)
- Bone marrow malfunction
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling and infection in the pancreas
Precautions and Warnings of Azarid 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have a condition where your body produces too little of a natural chemical called thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT).
- You have an infection for which you have not yet received any treatment.
- You are going to have an operation (this is because medicines including tubocurarine, pancuronium or succinylcholine used as muscle relaxants during operations may interact with Azathioprine).
- You have a rare genetic disorder called 'Lesch-Nyhan syndrome'.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing and use protective sunscreen with a high protection factor.
- Treatment with Azathioprine increases your risk of getting a specific type of cancer called a lymphoproliferative disorder. With a treatment regimen containing multiple immunosuppressants (including thiopurines), this may lead to death....
- A combination of multiple immunosuppressant medicines, given concomitantly increases the risk of disorders of the lymph system due to viral infection.
- Increased chances of developing a serious condition called Macrophage Activation Syndrome (excessive activation of white blood cells associated with inflammation), which usually occurs in people who have certain types of arthritis....
- Your doctor may advise frequent blood tests and follow up visits during treatment to adjust the dose accordingly.
Mode of Action of Azarid 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Azarid 50 MG
- Take the Azarid Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Azarid 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Azarid Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for gout, immunosuppressant medicines, blood thinner medicines, water pills, antacids and live virus vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Azarid 50 MG
- Keep the Azarid Tablet out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Discard off the expired and unused medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Azarid 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to stop Azarid?
Q: What is the Azarid Tablet used for?
Q: Is Azarid a steroid?
- Azathioprine Tablets 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Azathioprine Tablets 50mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]