Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Avinorm Tablet is used to control nausea, vomiting. It is also used to improve gastric emptying by restoring the normal coordination and tone the upper digestive tract in certain digestive tract diso
rders. It contains metoclopramide as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting a natural substance in the body, known as dopamine. Thus, it speeds up stomach emptying and movement of the intestine. Avinorm Tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. It works best when taken on an empty stomach. Some of the common side effects of this Tablet are dizziness, stomach pain and diarrhoea. These side effects usually go away with time. However, if you feel your condition deteriorates, consult your doctor or visit the hospital.
|You Save||₹5.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(10.0 Mg) + Doxylamine Succinate(10.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(2.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, feeling low, dizziness|
Uses of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Avinorm Tablet is used for the treatment of nausea, vomiting and for restoring normal coordination and tone of the digestive tract.
- It is also used to relieve the symptoms of heartburn, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with certain digestive system disorders.
Contraindications of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metoclopramide or any other ingredients of Avinorm Tablet.
- If you have bleeding, obstruction or tear in any part of your digestive tract.
- If you have a rare tumour, called pheochromocytoma (releases too much of epinephrine and norepinephrine).
- If you ever had a muscle spasm or muscle problem after taking any medicine.
- If you experience fits, seizure or have Parkinson's disease (a brain-related disorder that leads to poor coordination, shakiness and stiffness).
- If are taking a medicine containing Levodopa, used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- If you are taking medicines such as Ropinirole, Pramipexole (used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome).
- If you ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels or NADH cytochrome-b5 deficiency.
- Avinorm Tablet is not meant to be used in children less than one year of age.
Side effects of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Feeling low
- Uncontrollable movements
Precautions and Warnings of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems like abnormal heartbeats.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have a salt imbalance in your body like potassium, sodium and magnesium.
- You have any brain-related problems.
- You are using other medicines known to affect the way your heartbeats.
- You ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels. Your doctor may monitor your blood regularly.
- Avinorm Tablets should not be given to baby less than one-year-old.
Mode of Action of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Avinorm Tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water.
- For it to work optimally, it should be preferably taken on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Avinorm Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You should not concomitantly use Tablet along with medicine to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa, a medicine used to treat stomach cramps like atropine, dicyclomine as it may be harmful.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines like morphine or alprazolam, diazepam used to treat severe pain.
- Concomitant use, along with medicines like fluoxetine and paroxetine to treat mental illness, may increase the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like digoxin used to treat heart disease, cyclosporine used to treat certain immune system problems, mivacurium and suxamethonium used to relax muscles should be used cautiously while on treatment with Avinorm Tablets....
Storage and disposal of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Avinorm Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Avinorm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Avinorm Tablet?
Q: What should I tell my healthcare practitioner before starting Avinorm Tablet?
Q: What is Avinorm Tablet used for?
- Avinorm Tablet is used for treating nausea, vomiting and for restoring normal coordination and tone of the digestive tract.
- It also relieves symptoms of heartburn, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with certain digestive system disorders.
Q: Can we take Avinorm after meals?
Q: Does Avinorm cause constipation?
- Reglan (Metoclopramide) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Maxolon Tablets 10mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide Hcl: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Metoclopramide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- LactMed - Metoclopramide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]