Atorlip 10 Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S is a medicine belonging to the statin group. It is a type of hypolipidemic medicine, the uses of which include lowering the amount of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) in blood.
Uses of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
- High cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Stroke in people with heart conditions
- Hypertriglyceridemia, a condition which defines the excess of triglycerides (fat) in the body
Contraindications of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
- People allergic to atorvastatin or any other statin medicine
- Individuals with an ongoing liver condition or who has a history of a severe liver ailment
- Abnormal liver tests
- Pregnant women or nursing mothers
- If you are being treated with medicines of hepatitis like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir
Side effects of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
- The common side effects of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S are nose bleed, muscle pain, headache, joint pain, back pain, blood tests abnormalities like liver function, creatine kinase, existing liver disease can worsen, throat pain, and nose bleedread less
- Serious side effects include loss of appetite, dizziness, allergic reactions, nightmares, inability to sleep, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rash or itching, feeling tired, abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis), severe illness with peeling and swelling of the skin, mouth, eyes and genitals, and blisters on palms of hands or soles of feetread less
Precautions and Warnings of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
No, it is not considered safe for pregnant women.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
It is advised to ask the doctor for alternatives as the it is unsafe for the infant and breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, driving is not hampered while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
It is advised to lower the consumption of alcohol as taking statin medicines along with alcohol can lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Individuals suffering from kidney conditions are advised to discuss the details with the doctor before taking the prescription
- People who have hepatitis or are undertreatment for the same are recommended that they should mention their medical condition before getting on the medication
Mode of Action of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
How Does It Work?
The medicine composes of atorvastatin which inhibits the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, the primary producer of cholesterol in the body. By blocking the HMG-CoA reductase, atorvastatin results in lower levels of cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Directions for Use of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
It is to be taken at a fixed time each day with water. The dosage of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S can be taken with or without food or as advised by the doctor.
Interactions of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Fusidic acid must not be taken before waiting out for at least a week while on atorvastatin, as this may lead to non-effectiveness and side effects
- Some medicines, such as itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir or ritonavir, can result in an increased concentration of atorvastatin in the body, which may lead to increased side effectsread less
- Increased risk of muscle breakdown when used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines, e.g., gemfibrozil, colestipol, or ezetimibe
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice increases the concentration of atorvastatin in the body. It is advised to cut back on it.
Other general Interactions
- Individuals with a family history of muscular breakdown (rhabdomyolysis) are advised to discuss the condition with a doctor beforehand
- People who have suffered from any muscle-related complication while on a cholesterol-lowering medicine are recommended to take up the issue with the consulting doctor
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney problems or drink a large amount of alcohol
Storage and disposal of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
The medicine is to be stored at room temperature. It must be kept away from direct moisture or light.
Dosage of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S
Individuals can experience severe side effects and should be taken to a doctor or medical professional in case of a suspected overdose. Signs like numbness in the limbs, dizziness, and lack of appetite can point to a possible overdose of Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S.
Missed a Dose
It is advised to make up for a missed dose. However, it is to be kept in mind that the next scheduled dose is at least 12 hours apart to prevent any chance of a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the onset period of the medicine?
A: The medicine starts to work in around a couple of hours after an oral administration.
Q: What are the precautions advised for borderline diabetics?
A: Taking Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S can result in an increased blood sugar level, which can be the cause of diabetes in borderline individuals. It is advised to discuss the condition and take proper precautions.
Q: Is it safe to administer paracetamol or ibuprofen while on atorvastatin?
A: Yes, it is safe to take the mentioned medicines while on a prescription for atorvastatin.
Q: What are the possible side effects of quitting the medication?
A: Quitting the medication without the consent of a doctor can lead to an increase in the cholesterol levels, which can cause blockage or a stroke.
Q: Does Atorlip 10 Tab 15'S negate the working of contraceptive medicines?
A: No, but it does increase the side effects of contraceptives.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved