Atocor 40mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S is a type of hypolipidemic medicine that are classified under the statin family of medicines, which is used to decrease cholesterol and bad cholesterol levels from the body while increasing the good cholesterol. The generic name of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S is atorvastatin.
Uses of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
- The uses of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S include the treatment and control of high cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
Contraindications of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
- Individuals allergic to this medicine or its constituents
- Individuals with liver diseases such as hepatitis or jaundice
- Individuals exhibiting abnormal liver tests
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women and also who are planning for pregnancy
- Individuals on the prescription of medicines like glecaprevir or pibrentsavir for the treatment of hepatitis
Side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
- The common side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S are nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, headache, pain in joints, abnormal liver function, throat pain and bleeding in nose
- The severe side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S are lack of appetite, allergic reactions, nightmares and inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rashes and itching, feelings of tiredness or uneasiness, rhabdomyolysis (a condition of severe muscles pain, soreness and fever due to the breakdown of muscle further resulting in acute kidney failure; it is characterized by dark coloured urine, fever and pain in muscles), peeling, swelling, blistering of skin, mouth, eyes, genitals and fever.read less
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
Can I take Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S during pregnancy?
Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S must be avoided in case of pregnancy or if you are planning to conceive as this medicine is not considered favourable for the foetus.
Can I take Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S while breastfeeding?
Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S should not be consumed during breastfeeding as it can cause severe harm to the infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S?
Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S is not known to alter or affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S?
There is an increased risk of liver damage if alcohol is consumed along with Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Avoid the consumption of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S in case of kidneys' problems, alcohol addiction, muscles disorders or if you have consumed fusidic acid in the last seven days.
Mode of Action of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
How Does It Work?
HMG-CoA reductase is the enzyme that produces cholesterol, Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S inhibits this cholesterol-producing enzyme and, thus, keeps the levels of cholesterol and bad cholesterol low or under control. This medicine also increases the levels of good cholesterol in body.
Directions for Use of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
The dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S is to be taken as per your doctor's prescription. The tablet should be swallowed (not crushed or chewed) whole with water. This medicine can be taken before or after having the meals.
Interactions of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S when taken along with other cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol and ezetimibe shows an elevated risk of muscle breakdown
- Interaction of the medicine with fusidic acid (this medicine should be taken after a gap of seven days after stopping fusidic acid) leads to severe muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
- When this medicine is taken along with amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, the lowest possible dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S is recommended so that the lipid levels are under check
- Medicines like Itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, cyclosporine, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir and tipranavir increase the concentration of atorvastatin in bloodread less
- This medicine negatively interacts with hepatitis C medicines such as glecaprevir/ pibrentsavir.
Interactions with food items
The intake of grapefruit juice should be minimised or stopped while on the prescription of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Patients with liver or kidneys' disorders and muscle pain or a history of muscle pain in the family should avoid this medicine. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised not to take up this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
This medicine is supposed to be stored at room temperature away from extreme heat, moisture, light and the reach of children and pets. The expired or unused medicines should be discarded via proper methods advised by your pharmacist.
Dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S
The health care expert should be immediately informed in case of an overdose of this medicine. An overdose of Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S can increase the risks of side effects.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose immediately after recalling it, but make sure that the dosage is not doubled due to intake of that missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: While consuming Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S are there any other precautions to be taken?
A: Avoid eating food with high-fat content and perform regular workout for availing all the benefits of this medicine.
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking Atocor 40mg Tab 14'S?
A: Inform your doctor regarding all your prescription and non-prescription medicines, about pregnancy or breastfeeding or any liver- or kidneys-related diseases.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. ATORVASTATIN 10 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 20 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 40 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 80 mg film-coated tablets.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database. LactMed. Atorvastatin.
- MedlinePlus. Atorvastatin.
- WebMD. Atorvastatin calcium.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Institutes of Health.
- Malhotra HS, et al. Atorvastatin: an updated review of its pharmacological properties and use in dyslipidaemia. 2001.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor Activ 10 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved