Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
Anxit 1.5mg Tablets Description
Anxit 1.5 mg Tablet uses include treatment of panic disorders and anxiety. Anxit 1.5 mg Tab falls under the category of benzodiazepines(tranquilisers). These medicines work on the brain and central n
ervous system, and have a calming effect. Alprazolam is the main ingredient in Anxit 1.5 mg. Your doctor may start with a low dose of Anxit 1.5 mg Tab to minimise side effects. The dose may be increased at a later stage, depending on your response to this medicine. Your doctor will usually prescribe Anxit 1.5 mg Tab for a short period. Alprazolam has habit-forming tendencies. Discontinuing Anxit 1.5 mg suddenly can make you susceptible to withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms include nausea, sleeping problems, seizures and rapid heartbeat. These withdrawal symptoms can last for many weeks to a year. Your doctor will reduce your dose of Anxit 1.5 mg gradually before stopping it to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Long term use of Anxit 1.5 mg Tab can cause physical dependence in some people. Anxit 1.5 mg side effects include dizziness, drowsiness and changes in sex drive.
|You Save||₹4.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic disorder|
|Side effects||nausea, irritability, joint pain|
Uses of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
- Treatment of generalised anxiety disorder
- Treatment of panic disorders
Contraindications of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Alprazolam.
- If you have a history of seizures.
- If you have kidney, liver or lung disorders.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you suffer from sleep apnea.
- If you are prone to falls.
- If you are using other benzodiazepine medicines.
- If you or any of your family members have indulged in substance abuse.
- If you are consuming opioid-based medicines.
Side effects of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
- Feeling dizzy
- Change in sexual ability or sex drive
- Increase in saliva production
Precautions and Warnings of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience persistent side effects that do not go away or become worse with the passage of time.
- You experience hallucinations or suicidal thoughts at any point while taking Anxit 1.5 mg Tab.
- You are taking other medicines that cause drowsiness, like cough syrup and sleeping pills.
- You have had depression or any other mental health problem in the past.
- You smoke or have recently quit smoking.
- You are planning any surgery or dental procedure involving anaesthesia.
- You have stopped benefitting from this medicine. Anxit 1.5 mg Tab may stop working well when taken for an extended period.
- Inform your doctor about any Ayurvedic or Homoeopathic treatment you may be taking.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without medical advice while taking Anxit 1.5 mg Tab.
Mode of Action of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
- Your doctor will decide on dose after considering your age, health and ailment.
- Anxit 1.5 mg must be taken orally with water.
- Strictly follow the doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage to get the full benefits of this medicine
Interactions of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Anxit may cause an interaction if consumed with any of the medicines mentioned above. The interaction between these two medicines can cause an adverse effect on the body. Additionally, in some cases, these medicines interact with each other decreasing the effectiveness of either....
Interactions with food items
- Anxit 1.5 mg Tab can be consumed before or after food. You can take it after food if it gives you an upset stomach. Your doctor may ask you to avoid grapefruit juice while taking this medicine. Inform your doctor about all the supplements, vitamins and herbal products you are consuming....
Storage and disposal of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
Dosage of Anxit 1.5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Anxit 1.5 mg Tab makes me drowsy. A family function is coming up. Can I stop this medicine for a couple of days?
Q: My friend is suffering from health problems that are similar to mine. Shall I share my prescription for Anxit 1.5 mg tab with him?
Q: Can I get addicted to Anxit 1.5 mg Tab?
- Drugs & Medications [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2017. Available from
- Alprazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. Available from
- George TT, Tripp J. Alprazolam [Internet]. Nih.gov. StatPearls Publishing; 2019. Available from
- Alprazolam (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. www.mayoclinic.org. [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:
- Alprazolam (Xanax) | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness [Internet]. Nami.org. 2021. Available from: