Angizaar 50mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Angizaar 50mg Tab, which is an angiotensin-II receptor antagonist, is used for lowering blood pressure levels. The generic name of this medicine is losartan.
Uses of Angizaar 50mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Heart attack causing dysfunction of the left lower chamber of the heart
Contraindications of Angizaar 50mg Tab
- Allergy to this medicine or any AT1-receptor antagonists
- Renal artery stenosis
- Liver-related problems
- Kidney diseases
Side effects of Angizaar 50mg Tab
- The common side effects of Angizaar 50mg Tab include excessive decrease in blood pressure; headache and dizziness; allergic reactions such as rash, swelling of face, lips and throat; high level of potassium in the blood, vertigo, fatigue and low blood sugarread less
- The serious side effects include kidney dysfunction, anaemia and skeletal muscle injury
Precautions and Warnings of Angizaar 50mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
The medicine can have deleterious effects on foetus, so it should never be taken if you are pregnant or planning to conceive..
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Although there is no substantial evidence to prove whether the medicine can harm the nursing baby, it is advisable to avoid it while breastfeeding as a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
You should avoid driving if you experience dizziness or drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Angizaar 50mg Tab?
Alcohol lowers the blood pressure and can cause increased side effects such as sedation or drowsiness if taken along with the medicine. Thus, alcohol should be avoided if you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have liver disease or heart disease.
Mode of Action of Angizaar 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II constricts blood vessels, which leads to an increase in the blood pressure. However, the medicine works by binding to angiotensin-II and preventing its binding to the receptor, which leads to the blood vessels relaxing and finally blood pressure is lowered.
Directions for Use of Angizaar 50mg Tab
You should take Angizaar 50mg Tab as per the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Angizaar 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Aspirin and NSAIDs decrease the activity of the medicine
- The medicine should not be taken along with ACE inhibitors such as azathioprine, lithium, aspirin and aliskiren
- All medicines that increase potassium levels such as diuretics should be avoided
Interactions with food items
- Food with high potassium content, such as spinach, banana, peas and kidney beans, should be avoided. Also, a low-salt diet is more preferable
Other general Interactions
- History of angioedema, i.e. swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Had narrow or blocked blood vessel leading to kidney or recently had a kidney transplant
- Liver disease
- Suffer from heart failure with or without renal impairment or severe cardiac arrhythmias
- Have high blood pressure and diabetes-related kidney problems
Storage and disposal of Angizaar 50mg Tab
The medicine should be stored at room temperature and kept away from excess heat and moisture.
Dosage of Angizaar 50mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose include increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, high level of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. You should seek immediate medical help if you have overdosed.
Missed a Dose
You should take the missed dose as soon as you remember it or skip the dose if the time for your next dose. You should never take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my physician before starting treatment with Angizaar 50mg Tab?
A: You should give a detailed account of your medical history to your doctor, especially if you are on anti-diabetic medication. Antidiabetic medicines interact with this medicine and cause significant changes in blood sugar levels. Aspirin and pain-killers can also reduce the effect of this medicine.
Q: Should the medicine be taken in the morning or at night?
A: Physicians might suggest taking the medicine while going to sleep as it may cause dizziness.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 04:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved