Ampy 1gm Injection
Ampy 1gm Injection Description
Ampy Injection is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted diseases, urinar
y tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics. This medicine is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Ampy 1gm Injection
Contraindications of Ampy 1gm Injection
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Ampy Injection.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
- If you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Ampy 1gm Injection
- Allergic reaction
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Ampy 1gm Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Ampy 1gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ampy 1gm Injection
- Ampy Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Ampy 1gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Ampy Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, etc.
Storage and disposal of Ampy 1gm Injection
- Store Ampy Injection at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect if from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.