Ambulax Hd Tablets
Ambulax Hd Tablets Description
Ambulax HD is mainly used to treat anxiety and panic attacks. Symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks are uneasiness, sleeplessness, sweating and numbness in the hands. It is also used in the treatmen
t of Migraine Headaches. Ambulax Hd Tab is composed of Alprazolam and Propranolol. Alprazolam comes under Benzodiazepines. It is used to treat panic and anxiety disorders. It exerts its action by acting on the central Nervous system (brain and nerves) to produce a calming effect. It works by releasing an inhibitory neurotransmitter Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA). Propranolol comes under the group of medications called Beta-Blockers. It is used to treat cardiovascular conditions like irregular heartbeats and high blood pressure and prevent migraine headaches and chest pain. It can prevent strokes, heart attacks by lowering blood pressure and thus, it is used after a heart attack to improve the chance of survival. Propranolol exerts its action by blocking epinephrine, a natural chemical affecting the heart and blood vessels. Ambulax Hd Tab should be used with caution in patients suffering from depression, particularly if suicidal risk may be present. The risk of hypomania and episodes of mania have been reported in depressed patients treated with Alprazolam. Do not take it for more extended periods than prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking your medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹12.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Propranolol(20.0 Mg) + Alprazolam(0.125 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorders, panic attacks and prevention of migraine|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Memory Impairment, Tiredness, Developing Anxiousness, Unsteadiness, Weight loss, Heartburn, Lightheadedness and Irritability.|
Uses of Ambulax Hd Tablets
- Generalised Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Attacks
- Prevention of migraine
Contraindications of Ambulax Hd Tablets
- If you have any allergic or hypersensitivity conditions
- If you are taking antifungal agents (ketoconazole, Itraconazole)
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you are pregnant
- If you have a history of asthmatic attacks
Side effects of Ambulax Hd Tablets
- Memory Impairment
- Weight loss
Precautions and Warnings of Ambulax Hd Tablets
Other General Warnings
- Your medicine seems to stop working in treating your anxiety and panic disorder.
- You notice any side effects of this medicine.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You experience a fall in blood pressure.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or other substances.
Mode of Action of Ambulax Hd Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ambulax Hd Tablets
- Consume Ambulax Hd tab as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take medicine in larger amounts or for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor.
- Consume it on an empty stomach.
- Take your prescribed dosage at a fixed time in a day as it can maintain a constant level of medication in your body.
- Do not crush, chew or break it. Swallow the tablet whole.
- Breaking the tablet can release too much Ambulax HD at one time.
- Keep track of how many pills have been used from the bottle because it is a habit-forming medicine. So care should be taken to avoid any misuse of this medicine.
Interactions of Ambulax Hd Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with cetirizine or Levocetirizine should be avoided if possible.
- Interaction with Opioids (codeine, morphine, hydrocodone) should be avoided. After adjusting doses, continuous monitoring of breathlessness, sedation and hypotension is done.
- Antifungals like ketoconazole and itraconazole should be avoided as they can increase concentrations of this medicine in the body, leading to increased sedation.
- Interaction with Antihypertensives: cause lightheadedness and dizziness. Blood pressure should be monitored continuously.
- Interaction with other medicines like CNS depressants, verapamil (increases serum level of alprazolam), valproate acid, cimetidine should be monitored.
Interactions with food items
- Drinking grape juice, coffee or tea before or after taking the medication can cause serious side effects.
Storage and disposal of Ambulax Hd Tablets
Dosage of Ambulax Hd Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, uncoordinated movements, confusion and loss of consciousness. Since it is a habit-forming drug, it should be taken in required amounts only as prescribed by your doctor. If you accidentally consume an overdose of this medicine or experience any symptoms, consult your doctor and seek emergency medical treatment immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the withdrawal symptoms if I have stopped using Ambulax Hd Tab?
Q: Does Ambulax Hd Tab affect liver and kidney function?
Q: How long does the Ambulax Hd tablet take to work?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from:
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from
- Doc 3. European SmPC ALPRAZOLAM 1 mg tablets PART I : GENERAL INFORMATION Date : May 2012 Part IB1 : Product information Page.: 1 [Internet]. Cts-mrp.eu. [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from
- Antipanic A-. Pfizer.ca. 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from:
- Pfizer.ca. [cited 2022 Jan 31]. Available from: