Alzymer 5mg Tablets
Alzymer 5 MG Description
Alzymer Tablet is used to treat Alzheimer's dementia. Alzymer Tablet contains donepezil as the active ingredient. This medicine works by inhibiting the action of the chemical acetylcholinesterase, wh
ch is responsible for breaking down a molecule called acetylcholine in the brain. This raises the brain levels of acetylcholine which is associated with memory and recollection. This medicine should only be used for adults older than 18 years of age. Avoid taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor as per your signs and symptoms.
Uses of Alzymer 5 MG
Contraindications of Alzymer 5 MG
- If you are allergic to donepezil or any other ingredient of Alzymer Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any piperidine derivatives.
Side effects of Alzymer 5 MG
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Alzymer 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a heart disease.
- You suffer from liver problems or kidney problems.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers.
- You have asthma or any other lung disease.
- You experience seizures (fits) or convulsions.
- You experience any involuntary or abnormal movements of the tongue, face or body.
- You have low levels of magnesium or potassium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Alzymer 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alzymer 5 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Alzymer 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alzymer works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Care should particularly be taken if you are taking anti-fungals (ketoconazole, itraconazole), antibiotics (erythromycin, clarithromycin, rifampicin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin), anti-depressants (fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, amitriptyline), anti-convulsants (phenytoin, carbamazepine), pain-killers (aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac), anti-psychotics (pimozide, sertindole, ziprasidone), anti-cholinergics (tolterodine), medicines for a heart condition (quinidine, beta-blockers like propranolol and atenolol) or other Alzheimer's disease medication (galantamine)....
Storage and disposal of Alzymer 5 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alzymer 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the best time of the day to take Alzymer Tablet?
Q: For how long should I take Alzymer Tablet?
Q: Can I take Alzymer Tablet along with my other regular medicines?
- Donepezil hydrochloride 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022].
- Donepezil Hydrochloride 10 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]