Alupent 10mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Alupent 10mg Tablet contains Orciprenaline as its active medicine. It is useful in treating patients with breathing difficulty due to the narrowing of airways (bronchus) as in asthma, infection of lungs like in tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, allergic conditions like chronic bronchitis, silicosis and some cancerous conditions of the lungs.
Uses of Alupent 10mg Tablet
- To treat Bronchial asthma.
- Breathing difficulty due to narrowing and swelling of airways (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic bronchitis, silicosis).
- Abnormal enlargement or damage of air spaces present in the lungs (pulmonary emphysema).
Contraindications of Alupent 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Orciprenaline or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a condition with irregular and fast heartbeats (arrhythmia with tachycardia).
- If you have a heart-related disorder (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy).
Side effects of Alupent 10mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- The shakiness of hands (mild tremors)
- Dizziness (spinning of head)
- Increased heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Alupent 10mg Tablet
Can I take Alupent 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Sufficient information is not available about the safety of Alupent 10mg Tablet in pregnant women. Take this medicine if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Alupent 10mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Sufficient information is not available about the safety of Alupent 10mg Tablet in breastfeeding women. Take this medicine if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alupent 10mg Tablet?
Alupent 10mg Tablet usually does not affect your ability to drive. You may experience mild tremors in hands due to this medicine. Drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Alupent 10mg Tablet?
No information is available on the effects of alcohol consumption on this medicine. However, try to avoid alcohol consumption with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your condition does not improve over time or worsens after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma (high pressure in eyes), hyperthyroidism or disorders of the heart.
- You experience an allergic reaction like rashes, swelling or breathing difficulty.
- Tell your doctor about your complete medical history and all the ongoing medicines and herbal supplements that you are taking.
Mode of Action of Alupent 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Alupent 10mg Tablet makes it easier for you to breathe in conditions, causing breathing difficulty due to swelling and narrowing of your airways. This medicine works by widening your airways (bronchi) and thus makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Alupent 10mg Tablet
- Take Alupent 10mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals or as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alupent 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Alupent 10mg Tablet with other medicines of the same class (sympathomimetic agents) is not recommended since the combined use may lead to adverse effects on the heart.
- Avoid taking this medicine along with medicines such as Epinephrine, Monoamine oxidase inhibitors used in brain disease since the action of these medicines may be enhanced.
- Concomitant use of inhaled anesthetics should be avoided as it may lead to an increased risk of heart-related side effects.
Storage and disposal of Alupent 10mg Tablet
- Alupent 10mg Tablet should be stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature below 30º C.
- Store in the original package, out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alupent 10mg Tablet
If you have taken more than the prescribed dose of Alupent 10mg Tablet, then contact your doctor or nearest hospital immediately. Overdose may present with symptoms of dizziness, rise or drop in blood pressure, rapid and irregular heart rate and tremors.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Alupent 10mg Tablet addictive?
A: No, Alupent 10mg Tablet is not addictive. You should take this medicine as and when prescribed by your doctor and not for an extended period than prescribed.
Q: Can Alupent 10mg Tablet make me sleepy?
A: No, Alupent 10mg Tablet does not make you sleepy or drowsy.
Q: Can Alupent 10mg Tablet make me gain weight?
A: No, Alupent 10mg Tablet has not been reported to cause a weight gain. However, if you are experiencing an abnormal weight gain, consult your doctor for the same and rule out any underlying condition or other ongoing medication (steroids) responsible for your weight gain.
Q: Can I take Alupent 10mg Tablet if I am a heart patient?
A: Alupent 10mg Tablet is a safe medicine but it should not be given to patients with some specific conditions of the heart. Tell your doctor about your medical history and ongoing medications. He will then decide whether Alupent 10mg Tablet is suitable for you or not. Do not self medicate.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved