Almefkem Forte Tab
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Almefkem Forte Tablet contains a combination of mefenamic acid and paracetamol. It is used for the symptomatic relief of mild to moderate pain in various conditions such as dental, post partum, post operative, migraine, sports injury, sprain and strain, etc. This medicine helps provide relief from pain by inhibiting the synthesis of chemical substance responsible for pain....
|You Save||₹6.30 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(450.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(450.0 Mg)
Uses of Almefkem Forte Tab
Almefkem Forte Tablet is used to provide relief from mild to moderate pain in headache, migraine, dental, post-operative, post-partum, musculoskeletal disorders such as sprains and strains, muscular and traumatic pain. lower back pain....
Contraindications of Almefkem Forte Tab
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Almefkem Forte Tablet.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have inflammation, bleeding or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have renal disease.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Almefkem Forte Tab
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Almefkem Forte Tab
Can I take Almefkem Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
Almefkem Forte Tablet should not be used in a pregnant woman, especially during 3rd trimester, as it can cause heart abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour. This medicine should not be used during first two trimesters of pregnancy, unless advised by the doctor.
Can I take Almefkem Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
The component of Almefkem Forte Tablet is excreated in small amount and may not cause any harm to the child. Thus, you can take this medicine while breastfeeding if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Almefkem Forte Tablet?
If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, and visual disturbances after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Almefkem Forte Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol with this medicine, as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney problem
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestine or perforations in the digestive tract
- You may experience changes in blood count or anaemia
- You are suffering from high blood pressure
- You have a history of asthma or allergic reactions
- You have fluid retention in your body(edema)
- You have a heart condition like stroke, heart failure or a heart attack.
Mode of Action of Almefkem Forte Tab
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid and paracetamol works by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, a natural chemical substance responsible for pain, inflammation and swelling.
Directions for Use of Almefkem Forte Tab
Take Almefkem Forte Tablet as advised by your doctor, preferably with meal to avoid stomach upset.
Interactions of Almefkem Forte Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Almefkem Forte Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- There is increased risk of bleeding when blood thinner medicines like warfarin, corticosteroids is administered concomitantly.
- Certain medicine like painkillers, antibiotics like amikacin, tobramycin, gentamicin, immunomodulators like tacrolimus, ciclosporin, methotrexate with Almefkem Forte Tablet can increased the risk of renal failure....
Storage and disposal of Almefkem Forte Tab
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Almefkem Forte Tab
Overdose of Almefkem Forte Tablet include lethargy, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Significant high doses of this medicine can lead to liver damage or liver failure....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Almefkem Forte Tablet twice a day?
A: You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. The dose of this medicine depends on your underlying condition. Refrain from using too much of this medicine if you do not experience any pain relief, talk with your doctor.
Q: How does Almefkem Forte Tablet work on a headache?
A: Headache or any pain is caused due to the production of natural inflammatory substance such as prostaglandin. Almefkem Forte Tablet blocks the formation of these chemicals and aids in providing relief from headache.
Q: Is Almefkem Forte Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It helps in relieving pain.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.