3cef Novo 750mg Inj
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
Non ReturnableRead More
3cef Novo 750mg Inj contains a combination of two antibiotics sulbactam sodium and cefoperazone sodium as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of penicillin and cephalosporin antibiotics respectively.
Uses of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
- Treatment of severe and serious bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, joint and bone infection, uterus and ovaries.
Contraindications of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other antibiotics of Penicillin and Cephalosporin class or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
- Loose stools
- Allergic reactions
- Pain and tenderness at injection site
- Rashes with redness of skin (maculopapular rash)
- Pale red bumps and swelling in skin (urticaria)
- Abnormal blood cell count.
Precautions and Warnings of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
Can I take 3cef Novo 750mg Inj during pregnancy?
- No information is available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take 3cef Novo 750mg Inj while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine passes into breast milk, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed 3cef Novo 750mg Inj?
It is highly unlikely that this medicine will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with 3cef Novo 750mg Inj?
- It is strictly advisable not to consume alcohol when you have taken this injection as it can cause reactions like flushing, sweating, headache or fast heart beats
- Do not consume alcohol for at least five days after the last dose of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of severe allergic reaction to antibiotics
- You have disease related to liver and kidney
- You are taking blood-thinning medicines
- You are suffering from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing treatment
- You notice abnormal bleeding.
Mode of Action of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
How Does It Work?
3cef Novo 750mg Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefoperazone. Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefoperazone to function optimally.
Directions for Use of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains sulbactam & cefoperazone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol can cause flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeat
- If you are taking an antibiotic that belongs to aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions regularly
- Medicine used for the treatment of gout (probenecid).
Storage and disposal of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of 3cef Novo 750mg Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting, headache, fits, skin rashes and allergy immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am an alcoholic. Can I take this medicine along with alcohol?
A: No, you cannot consume alcohol if you have taken this medicine. It is advisable not to drink alcohol after taking this medicine at least for a week as it can cause side effects like sweating, flushing, headache or fast heartbeat.
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved