A white translucent jelly that nourishes, repairs and protects your skin. Previously called ‘Wonder Jelly,’ with unique properties of its own. This tiny tub is a quick fix for your skin problems. After the immense popularity of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, many companies have released their versions of petroleum jelly, but nothing beats a good tub of Vaseline. You might have been using this petroleum jelly as a lip balm and nothing else. But, did you know that you can use it for more than one thing?
- Moisturise your face and hands.
- Acts as an occlusive.
- Rejuvenate dry and flaky skin.
- Soothe diaper rash.
- Gentle makeup remover.
- Tame the frizz of your hair.
- Lip care - A lightweight moisturiser for your lips.
- Rejuvenate dry skin and reduce the appearance of flaky skin.
- Moisturizer - A good moisturiser for your face, hands and feet.
- Occlusive - Best for slugging to prevent transepidermal water loss.
- Applying a thin layer on minor cuts and burns to help their recovery.
- Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly is a great alternative for removing makeup from delicate eye areas.
- Applying copious amounts of Vaseline around your mouth before night helps prevent drooling.
How to Use
Apply a thin layer of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly daily for soft, smooth and visibly healthy skin.
- Store the container in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Do not ingest.
Q1: What is slugging?
Ans: Slugging is the process of sealing your skin with an occlusive agent, often petroleum-based products like Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly, overnight. This method has been in practice for a long time.
Q2: Can I use it on my baby's skin?
Ans: Yes! The hypoallergenic and non-irritating nature of Vaseline makes it safe for a baby’s skin. Its occlusive nature forms a protective layer on your baby’s delicate skin, in turn reducing the constant friction because of the diaper and helps prevent irritating due to wetness.
Q3: Can I apply Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on my face?
Ans: Vaseline is suitable for all skin types. Vaseline works great for oily, dry skin types alike. Applying a thin layer of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly will give a smooth finish to your skin.
Q4: Does Vaseline Petroleum Jelly have any medicinal value?
Ans: Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly has no medicinal use. However, the jelly’s hypoallergenic, non-irritating and occlusive nature is best for tackling many skin problems.
Q5: Is Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly comedogenic?
Ans: No, this is a myth. Applying Vaseline does not clog your pores. However, the thick nature of jelly makes it appear highly comedogenic. Time and time, it has been clinically proven to be non-comedogenic.