Zyrona 5mg Injection
Zyrona 5 MG Description
Zyrona Infusion is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is too high due
o the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Zyrona Infusion will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
|You Save||₹975.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Uses of Zyrona 5 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Zyrona 5 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Zyrona Infusion.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zyrona 5 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Zyrona 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Zyrona Infusion.
Mode of Action of Zyrona 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zyrona 5 MG
- Zyrona Infusion will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Zyrona 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Zyrona Infusion or Zyrona Infusion itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Zyrona Infusion and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Zyrona Infusion and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Zyrona 5 MG
- Zyrona Infusion should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zyrona 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zyrona Infusion used for?
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Does Zyrona Infusion cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Is Zyrona Infusion a habit forming medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]