Wysolone Dt 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wysolone Dt 5 MG Description
Wysolone DT 5 tablet is a steroid medicine. It is used to treat allergic conditions, auto-immune disorders, asthma, skin allergies etc. Wysolone DT 5 tablet contains prednisolone as its active ingre
dient. Take the medicine exactly as told by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting the doctor. You must complete the entire course with the medicine. Before initiating treatment with Wysolone DT 5 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹1.52 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergic conditions, psoriasis, arthritis|
|Side effects||Irritation, weight gain, mood swings, infections, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
- Wysolone DT 5 tablet is used for the treatment of allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders associated with various organs.
- It is also used in the treatment of certain types of cancer and infections (with appropriate chemotherapy).
- This medicine is also used to prevent organ rejection during organ transplant procedures.
Contraindications of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone or steroids or any other ingredients of Wysolone DT 5 tablet
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from viral infection of eye caused by herpes virus.
Side effects of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
Can I take Wysolone DT 5 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Wysolone DT 5 tablet during pregnancy. A long term use may be associated with low birth weight and growth retardation in the baby. Consult your doctor for more information. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine seek immediate medical help.
Can I take Wysolone DT 5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Prednisolone passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of Wysolone DT 5 tablet is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wysolone DT 5 tablet?
There is limited information available on effect of Wysolone DT 5 tablet on driving abilities of an individual. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbance you should not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Wysolone DT 5 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction of Wysolone DT 5 tablet with alcohol, one should limit their alcohol intake while taking steroids especially if the steroid is prescribed for long term treatment. Consult your doctor to know more and what works for you best.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases. It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth
Mode of Action of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Wysolone DT contains prednisolone which is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body naturally that plays an important role in maintaining normal physiological function and well being of the human body. ...
- This medicine mimics the action of naturally produced steroids. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation, autoimmune diseases and during organ transplantation.
Directions for Use of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
- Wysolone DT 5 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Wysolone DT 5 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine
- Antacids and certain antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill and medicine for hyperactive thyroid such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin. Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual. ...
- Other medicines for treating asthma-like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice along with Wysolone DT 5 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
- Store Wysolone DT 5 tablets below 25°C
- Keep it in original pack to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Wysolone Dt 5 MG
In case you have taken more than the prescribed dose of Wysolone DT, seek imediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Wysolone DT 5 tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Wysolone DT 5 mg tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking Wysolone DT 5 tablet on my own?
A: No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take the vaccine if I am on Wysolone DT tablet?
A: Wysolone DT 5 mg tablet can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Does Wysolone DT 5 tablet cause tiredness?
A: Yes, Wysolone DT 5 tablet is known to cause side-effects like weakness and make you feel fatigued. However, this is not experienced by everyone taking this medicine.
Q: Can taking Wysolone DT 5 tablet lead to hair loss?
A: Hair loss is not a commonly known side-effect of Wysolone DT 5 tablet. As every individual has a different physiological response, it is advised that you should consult your doctor if you are facing hair loss problem.
Q: Can we take the Wysolone on an empty stomach?
A: You can take the Wysolone with or without food or as advised by your doctor. However, it should preferably be taken with food to prevent stomach upset.
Q: Can Wysolone cause diabetes?
A: Sometimes you may experience symptoms like fast breathing, confusion, thirsty feeling, or hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, etc. These symptoms can be a sign of high blood sugar levels. Therefore, it is advised if you feel any such kind of unusual symptoms, immediately inform the doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Wysolone?
A: Weight gain, indigestion, sleep problems, restlessness, excessive sweating etc. are a few common side effects of Wysolone. Although not everyone gets them. And these side effects are usually mild and often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: How long does Wysolone take to work?
A: Wysolone starts working within 1-2 hours of its oral intake. However, it may take 4-5 days to show its maximum benefit depending upon the severity of the condition.
Q: Does Wysolone cause stomach upset?
A: Stomach discomfort, bloating etc. are one of the side effects of Wysolone. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Is Wysolone safe in pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available on the safety of Wysolone DT tablet during pregnancy. A long term use may be associated with low birth weight and growth retardation in the baby. Consult your doctor for more information. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine seek immediate medical help.
Q: Can Wysolone be taken daily?
A: You can take Wysolone as per the need or as advised by the doctor. Depending upon the severity of your medical condition your doctor may prescribe it to you daily for a specific duration. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: What are the contents present in Wysolone?
A: The content present in Wysolone Dt is prednisolone as its active ingredient.
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 December 2021]
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 December 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 December 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 2 December 2021]
- What Are the Health Risks of Mixing Steroids and Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 2 December 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed