By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Telplus Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of Cilnidipine and Telmisartan. It is used to treat high blood pressure. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it, pregnant or have any liver, kidney or heart problems. Take this medicine in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Telplus Tablet
Telplus Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Telplus Tablet
- As this medicine contains cilnidipine and telmisartan, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to Cilnidipine or Telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Telplus Tablet
- If you are pregnant (3rd trimester)
- If you have any kind of liver, kidney or heart problems.
- If you have a blockage in your gallbladder and small intestine.
Side effects of Telplus Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Fever, vomiting
- Tiredness, sleepiness
- Skin rash
- Flushing (redness)
- Frequent urination
- Muscle weakness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Telplus Tablet
Can I take Telplus Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine must not be used during pregnancy as it can cause serious harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Telplus Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk. Hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. The doctor may suggest another treatment if you wish to nurse your child.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telplus Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Caution is recommended while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Telplus Tablet?
Alcohol can lower blood pressure and can also exaggerate the side effects. So, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of heart problem like heart failure, chest pain.
- You have a liver or kidney problem
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have raised aldosterone levels
- You may experience an increase in the potassium level or sugar level in your blood.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Telplus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker, and Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker. Collectively these medicines act by relaxing the blood vessels so that that heart can pump the blood more easily, and it leads to lowering of the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telplus Tablet
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telplus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with other blood pressure medicines like aliskiren, anti-cancer medicine like aldesleukin, medicines like aspirin, prednisone, and betamethasone may alter the effects of this medicine.read less
- Few medicines can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure like lithium and thus should be used with caution.
- Other medicines are quinide, digoxin, carbamazepine, rifampicin, cimetidine, erythromycin, baclofen, amifostine and water pills like amiloride, spironolactone should be used cautiously.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Telplus Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Avoid food that contains high potassium, as it can cause weakness, confusion, irregular heart rate, tingling. And have a diet that is low in salt.
Storage and disposal of Telplus Tablet
Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Telplus Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include dizziness, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, renal failure, loss of consciousness, and increased levels of potassium in the blood.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while on Telplus Tablet?
- Avoid alcohol, as it may lower your blood pressure further and worsen the side effects.
- Avoid getting up from sitting or sleeping position too fast, as there are chances that you may lose balance and fall.
- Do not consume any salt substitutes or potassium supplements unless advised by your doctor.
Q: How do I take Telplus Tablet?
A: It is to be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Take the tablet with a glass of water, with or without food. Swallow it whole, do not break, cut or chew it. The tablets should be kept in their original packing until used.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:08 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved