Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Telmipack Trio Tablet is a combination medicines used to treat high blood pressure, when a single medicine is inadequate in controlling your blood pressure. It contains telmisartan, cilnidipine and c
hlorthalidone (chlortalidone) as active ingredients. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Telmipack Trio should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Telmipack Trio Tablet.
|Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg) + Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(6.25 Mg)
|High blood pressure
|Headache, dizziness, weakness
Uses of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, cilnidipine, chlorthalidone, similar medicines or any of the ingredient of Telmipack Trio Tablet
- If you have any problems with your liver, kidneys or heart.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If you have diabetes or any kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren
- If you have a blockage in your gallbladder and small intestine.
- If you have an untreated Addison’s disease or history of gout, uric acid calculi
- If you are being treated with lithium (used to treat psychiatric illnesses)
- If you are pregnant
Side effects of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Decreased appetite
- Swelling of lower limb
- Low blood pressure that occurs when standing up from sitting or lying down
Precautions and Warnings of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmipack Trio Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it may be harmful to the unborn baby.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Consult your doctor, if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
- Telmipack Trio Tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available in lactating mothers.
- Thus consult your doctor before taking this medicine during breastfeeding. He/she may suggest an alternative medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy
- You are diabetic and on aliskiren, an anti-hypertensive medicine to control blood pressure.
- You have increased level of potassium in the blood or are on any potassium supplements
- You have raised aldosterone levels
- You may experience an increase in the potassium level or sugar level in your blood or elevated uric acid levels.
- You have low levels of potassium or sodium in your blood
- Telmipack Trio Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years
Mode of Action of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmipack Trio Tablet works by the combined action of all its components - telmisartan, cilnidipine and chlorthalidone.
- Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker, and telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker. Collectively these medicines act by relaxing the blood vessels so that that heart can pump the blood more easily, and it leads to lowering of the blood pressure....
- Chlorthalidone is a diuretic or water pill, it works by increasing the loss of water and salt from the body, thus resulting in increased production of urine, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmipack Trio Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telmipack Trio Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, diabetes, infection, asthma, high cholesterol levels, are taking blood thinners, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines....
- Medicine used for heart failure like digoxin should be used cautiously.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like insulin, metformin along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with other blood pressure medicines like aliskiren, anti-cancer medicine like aldesleukin, medicines like aspirin, prednisone, and betamethasone may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Few medicines can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure like lithium and thus should be used with caution.
- Other medicines are quinide, digoxin, carbamazepine, rifampicin, cimetidine, erythromycin, baclofen, amifostine and water pills like amiloride, spironolactone should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Telmipack Trio Tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Telmipack Trio 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, electrolyte imbalance, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats.
- If you think you have taken too much of Telmipack Trio Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Telmipack Trio Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Telmipack Trio Tablet used for?
Q: Is Telmipack Trio Tablet an anti-hypertensive medicine?
- CILACAR TC 6.25 (Cilnidipine, Telmisartan & Chlorthalidone Tablets) [Internet]. Jbcpl.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Telday CH Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Cilnidipine: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Telmisartan 20mg Glenmark Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]