Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Safeguard Sr tablet is used as a pain relief medicine for stomach-related conditions. It is also used to reduce pain in persons with osteoarthritis (OA) or rheumatoid arthritis (RA), who are at high
risk of developing medicine-induced gastric and duodenal ulcers. The active ingredients in Safeguard Sr tablet are Misoprostol and Diclofenac. The mode of action of Safeguard Sr tablet is by reducing certain chemical substances in the body while also protecting the stomach from inflammation caused by the pain relievers like diclofenac and other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). This medicine protects the surface of the stomach by lowering its acid levels. Directions for use of Safeguard Sr tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine is not meant for pregnant women or those who plan to conceive. Safeguard Sr tablets induce uterine contractions resulting in medical termination of pregnancy, congenital disabilities or premature labour. Nursing mothers should inform their doctor before taking this medicine as it can cause side effects in the baby. Side effects of Safeguard Sr tablets include diarrhoea, shortness of breath, nausea, flatulence, stomach pain, vomiting, constipation, headache, and dizziness.
|You Save||₹27.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Misoprostol(200.0 Mg) + Diclofenac(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain in osteoarthritis, Pain in rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Stomach cramp, Uterine contractions, Pelvic pain, Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding), Dehydration|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Uses of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- As per USFDA, Safeguard Sr tablets are indicated to treat the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA) or rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in persons at high risk of developing NSAID-induced gastric and duodenal ulcers and their complications....
Contraindications of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Do not take Safeguard Sr tablets or take with caution:
- If you are pregnant; Safeguard Sr tablet will terminate the pregnancy, especially in the first trimester.
- If you have serious heart disease or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- If you have had allergic reactions to any of the components of Safeguard Sr tablets.
- If you have a history of asthma.
- If you have autoimmune stomach conditions like Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- If you have any infection in the pelvis or sepsis.
- If you have any bleeding disorder and are currently under treatment for it.
- If you have an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in which the embryo forms outside the uterus).
- If you have active bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you had heart surgery.
Side effects of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Side effects of Safeguard Sr Tablets include:
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You use any herbal products or supplements; some can react with Safeguard Sr tablets.
- You have high or low blood pressure and are currently under treatment. Monitor your blood pressure levels as Safeguard Sr tablets can cause fluctuations in pressure.
- You take antacids that contain magnesium; taken with Safeguard Sr tablets can worsen diarrhoea. If you need an antacid, consult your doctor or pharmacist for an alternate medication.
Mode of Action of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Safeguard Sr tablets exactly as advised by your doctor. Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Safeguard Sr tablets as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take this tablet with or after meals to avoid any stomach-related issues.
- Do not take Safeguard Sr tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Safeguard Sr tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use Safeguard Sr tablets if you have clotting issues or take blood thinners. If Safeguard Sr tablets are prescribed to such a person, they should be closely monitored for any bleeding. Aspirin is contraindicated in this case....
- Using Safeguard Sr tablets with medicines that lower blood pressure, such as Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARB), and beta-blockers, can diminish the effect of these medications. Close monitoring of blood pressure is advised. ...
- Using antihypertensive medication with Safeguard Sr tablets in older, volume-depleted persons or those with kidney impairment may deteriorate kidney function. Such persons fall in a high-risk category and must be monitored for signs of worsening kidney function. ...
- When used together, Safeguard Sr Tablets and diuretics (medicines that remove water and sodium from the body) can reduce sodium in the urine. Affected persons should monitor their blood pressure.
- Using digoxin with Safeguard Sr tablets can increase serum concentration and prolong the half-life of digoxin in the blood.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit, and its juice as this fruit can interact with the functioning Safeguard Sr tablets.
Storage and disposal of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dosage of Safeguard Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long can I use Safeguard Sr tablets if I have gastric ulcers?
Q: Will I have any fertility issues if I take Safeguard Sr tablets?
Q: Can I take Safeguard Sr tablets for stomach ulcers if I am not pregnant?
- Diclofenac and Misoprostol: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 26 Feb 2022] -
- DailyMed. Diclofenac Sodium and Misoprostol Tablet (Delayed Release) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Institutes of Health [cited 26 Feb 2022]
- Diclofenac and Misoprostol [Internet] [cited 26 Feb 2022] -
- ARTHROTEC (Diclofenac Sodium and Misoprostol Tablets) for Oral Use. Initial U.S. Approval. 1997 [cited 26 Feb 2022]