Rofbact Tz Tab
By ANKOM LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Rofbact Tz Tab is a combination of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole, an antibiotic.
Uses of Rofbact Tz Tab
- It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
Contraindications of Rofbact Tz Tab
- As this medicine contains a combination of two medicines, any contraindication with individual product can happen with this combination
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or Tinidazole, similar medicines or any ingredient of this medicine
- Should not be used by patients younger than 18 years
- If you are breastfeeding, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- If you have a history of fits or epilepsy
- If you experience problems related to tendons, for example, swelling in the tendons
- If you have a family history of autoimmune blood disorder
- If you have any neurological disorders (like brain, spinal cord or other nerves)
Side effects of Rofbact Tz Tab
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhoea
- Loss of appetite
- Spinning head
- Allergic skin reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Rofbact Tz Tab
Can I take Rofbact Tz Tab during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine can alter the growth and development of bones in the unborn baby. Thus, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Rofbact Tz Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk and women consuming this medicine should not breastfeed the baby at least 3 days after taking the last dose. Also, watch your baby for fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rofbact Tz Tab?
You might experience dizziness or sleepiness, visual disturbance or drowsiness after taking this medicine. Therefore, avoid driving if you have any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Rofbact Tz Tab?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment and at least 3 days after stopping the treatment. It may cause stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headaches and sometimes hot flushes may also occur.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience pain and swelling in the joints or tendons, take rest, stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- If you experience muscle pain and muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- If you have a history of fits
- If you experience burning, tingling, numbness and pain sensations
- If you experience nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression or suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you have liver and kidney failure
- If you have watery diarrhoea and black tarry stools, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- If you experience any blood disorder, anaemia or abnormal blood count
- If you experience irregular heartbeat and difficulty in passing urine
- If you experience low and high blood sugar levels
Mode of Action of Rofbact Tz Tab
How Does It Work?
This combination of medicine works by inhibiting the formation and action of bacterial enzymes responsible for the growth of bacteria which eventually leads to the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Rofbact Tz Tab
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Maintain the time interval between two doses and do not make changes to the dose unless your doctor recommends it.
Interactions of Rofbact Tz Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Painkillers like Naproxen, Diclofenac, Aspirin and Indomethacin
- Concomitant use of painkillers like NSAIDs can cause fits and should be avoided as you may experience fits
- This medicine should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines like Sucralfate, any preparation containing zinc, iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine
- You may experience low blood sugar levels if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines, close blood sugar monitoring is needed
- Blood-thinning medications like Warfarin should not be given along with this medicine as it may lead to bleeding
- Medicines that can change the heart rhythm are Alprazolam, Resperidone and Lithium and antibiotics like Azithromycin, Clarithromycin, Procainamide and Quinidine
- Other medicines like Methotrexate, Furosemide(water pill), Probenecid and Cimetidine
Storage and disposal of Rofbact Tz Tab
- Store it in a cool and dry place protected from sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Rofbact Tz Tab
- Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, confusion, altered mental alertness, nausea and fits (rarely)
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine if I feel better?
A: No, you should follow the prescribed duration by your doctor. If you stop it early, you may develop resistance and your infection may reoccur. On reoccurrence, the infection may not respond to such antibiotics.
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Rofbact Tz Tab?
- If you notice tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help
- If you notice pain or swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugar which can be dangerous
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache or tremors, immediately have a juice/sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved