Rablet 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rablet 20 Tablet contains Rabeprazole. It belongs to a class of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Rablet 20 Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It acts by blocking the action of micropumps in stomach wall which are responsible for acid production. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning 30 minutes before meals. Patients with osteoporosis, diarrhoea, electrolyte imbalance and liver problems should use this medicine cautiously. It should not be used in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. The common side effects of this medicine are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, headache and dizziness, consult your doctor if these symptoms persist or worsen....
|You Save||₹23.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rablet 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Rablet 20 MG
- Rablet 20 Tablet is used in the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
Contraindications of Rablet 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Rablet 20 MG
- Sleeplessness, headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation, gas
- Back pain, weakness, tiredness
Precautions and Warnings of Rablet 20 MG
Can I take Rablet 20 Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Rablet 20 Tablet during pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant and happen to be taking this medicine, consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Rablet 20 Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rablet 20 Tablet if you are breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe you safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rablet 20 Tablet?
There are chances of drowsiness and dizziness with Rablet 20 Tablet. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Rablet 20 Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Rabeprazole does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing
- If you have a family history of stomach cancer
- If you vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools
- If you have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine
- If you are experiencing frequent diarrhoea
- If you have liver function problem
- If you are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness
- If you are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A)
- If you are expected to take this medicine for longer duration as there are several risks associated with that
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own
- Rablet 20 Tablet is not recommended for use in children
Mode of Action of Rablet 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers...
- Rablet 20 blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and improves symptoms such as acidity and heartburn...
Directions for Use of Rablet 20 MG
- Take Rablet 20 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Rablet 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Rablet 20 Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines...
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used cautiously, as it can alter the effects of the medicine
Interactions with food items
Rablet 20 Tablet should not be taken with food or milk. You should take it 30 minutes before food. As food decreases the effectiveness of rabeprazole medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rablet 20 MG
- Store Rablet 20 Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- Dispose off the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed
Dosage of Rablet 20 MG
The symptoms of overdose with Rablet 20 Tablets are similar to the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and contact your doctor or visit the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Rablet 20 Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: The doctor has prescribed me Rablet 20 Tablet for 2 months, what common precautions should I take?
A: The long term use of Rablet 20 Tablet produces liver function disturbances, altered electrolyte (magnesium, calcium and sodium) levels and B12 deficiency. So if you experience symptoms like yellow skin and eyes, loss of appetite, nausea, itching, dizziness, fits, headache, irritability, tiredness or pale skin, visit your doctor immediately. As you have been prescribed this medicine for a long duration, your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups and blood tests.
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rablet 20?
A: The absorption of vitamin B12 and vitamin B12 stores in the body can get affected upon long term use of Rabeprazole. Rabeprazole reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 from the stomach due to its stomach acid, reducing effects and can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rablet 20 Tablet?
A: Rablet 20 Tablet produces bone weakness and can increase the risk of getting fractures in elderly patients if taken in high doses for long term treatment.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rablet 20 Tablet, what should I do?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of Rablet 20 Tablet but sometimes can be serious. Rablet 20 reduces the gastric acid levels and can increase the bacterial count in the gut and can lead to infections. So consult your doctor immediately, in case of persistent diarrhoea. He will decide whether to continue this medicine or stop it after clinical examination.
Q: What is the difference between Rablet D and Rablet 20 Tablet?
A: Rablet D is a combination medicine it contains Rabeprazole and Domperidone whereas Rablet 20 contains Rabeprazole. Both of these medicines are used to treat acidity and heartburn associated with various conditions. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after accessing your health condition and prescribe you with medicine depending upon underlying disease, the severity of disease and other parameters.
Q: Can I take Rablet 20 Tablet empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can take Rablet 20 Tablet in an empty stomach. You should preferably take this medicine in the morning in an empty stomach for better stomach acid regulation throughout the day.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.