Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
By BDH INDUSTRIES LTD
100ml Lotion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml Description
Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infecti
on in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹28.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Wounds, cuts, and ulcers|
|Side effects||Rash, itching, burning, irritation, blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Povidone-Iodine(5.0 %)
Uses of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers.
Contraindications of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
Precautions and Warnings of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
Can I apply Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml during pregnancy. It is not recommended to use this during pregnancy.
Can I apply Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml while breastfeeding?
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Can I drive if I have applied Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml ?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml ?
There is limited information available on the interaction of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this , discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
How Does It Work?
Povidone Iodine is an antiseptic and works by killing the microbes. It enters the microbial cells, oxidises key components, and causes cell death. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses....
Directions for Use of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
- Use Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this .
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
Since Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is to be applied externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you take other medicines to treat other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
- Store Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml
- Since Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this as prescribed, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml used for?
A: Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is used as first aid for cuts, burns and minor wounds. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns.
Q: How does Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml work?
A: Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml has antiseptic properties. It kills the microbes by oxidising certain cell components of microbes and thus prevents their growth.
Q: For how many days should I use Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for this . Do not stop applying it on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 7 days of use, get in touch with your doctor.
Q: Is Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml an antibiotic?
A: Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml is a topical antiseptic medicine.
Q: When should you not use Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml?
A: You should not use Pv Dine 5% Lotion 100ml for longer than 1 week without consulting a doctor. Also, if you experience any other unwanted symptoms like fever, nausea, headache, stop usage and immediately consult your physician.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed